A Little Catching Up - Felicity Jane December Kit, Part 2

I've already shared two of the layouts I made using my December "Cozy" kit from Felicity Jane. Here are three more scrapbook pages from that kit.

I featured our family Christmas card on this first page.
This was an easy page to put together. I used the thin washi tape to bring a little pop of red to the mint and green striped paper before I adhered two of our leftover cards (to show the front and the back). Next, I layered two of the small cut-apart cards to hold my title and the date. 
The triangular Christmas trees are from the kit's embellishment sheet - I like the fun little detail they add to the page. 
All that remained to do was write my journaling and add the bow flair to the top of the wreath.

As we were eating dessert at my parents' house on Christmas Eve, the cookie tray on the table caught my eye. Well, it caught my eye for a reason in addition to it being dessert, being delicious and being chocolate! I realized that my mom makes a cookie tray like this every year and I've never scrapbooked about it. I took a photo of the partially demolished tray (better than nothing, right?) and resolved to tell that story. And here it is:
I kept to a red, white and black color scheme with a large block of the scripted words paper, my favorite one from the kit. I used Amy Tangerine foam word thickers for my title and the three wonky hearts scattered on the page. 
I attached some buttons and little pennants for a few more details. And it's true - I "love this" tradition of my mom's cookie tray!
My last layout is a journaling-only one and it tells the story of what I've come to think of as my "Christmas moment".
The journaling reads:
Every Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, it finds me: a sweet, magical moment when I truly feel the joyful spirit of the season.
Sometimes it finds me when I'm alone; sometimes it finds me in a room full of people. Sometimes it finds me in a moment of quiet reflection; sometimes it finds me in the chaos and noise. But it always finds me.
It's found me watching Alison and Sarah singing in the children's choir at Sacred Heart; it's found me reading an Advent devotional about cradling a newborn infant; it's found me looking at the twinkling lights of our tree; it's found me singing "Silent Night" in our dimly lit church at Christmas Mass.
When it finds me, I feel overcome with peace. When it finds me, I feel overcome with joy. When it finds me, I feel overcome with love.
It finds me when I least expect it, but that magic moment of Christmas always finds me.


I kept the page simple; I wanted to keep the focus on my story, which is one I've been meaning to tell for a few years.
Even though it wasn't my intention at the start, I'm very happy that I used this kit to tell some of my important Christmas stories. I think I'm ready to move on to other topics now, but I won't make any promises. What stories have you been telling lately?

4 comments :

  1. Oh, Susan, each of these layouts is special, but the journalling on that last one is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such amazing vision with these kits! I am loving these Christmas pages as much as I did your DD book. Putting that bow flair on the wreath was so clever, and the row of little trees really does add so much! I love the skinny washi, too.
    Secondly, I think the photo of the already scavenged tray is much better than the before photo would have been! Shows it was being enjoyed :) You have such an eye for those visually pleasing elements in the everyday. Glad you got this scrapped.
    Thirdly, I am speechless with your journaling. That point of view left the story to unfold until it was told. Incredibly lovely! Magic, indeed xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. three marvellous layouts. inspirational, beautifully designed and ones that make me want to rush into my room and get Christmas stories told...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs