Counterfeit Kit Challenge January Reveal Blog Hop

Hello and Happy 2016! I'm excited to reveal my very first Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit of the year and I hope it marks the start of lots of scrapbooking for me over the next 12 months.

We are working with the Planner Society Kit Club kits from Scarlet Lime as our inspiration this month and I chose this bright and colorful kit from April 2015 as the basis for my kit:

Planner Society April 2015 Kit

As usual, I took a look at the kit, made my shopping list and then was off to search my supplies. Here's my list:
I definitely had a colorful and playful feel in mind as I selected my papers and embellishments, and I took the name for my kit from one of the embellishments itself. 

This is my January CKC kit, "A Little Bit of Lovely":
The first paper I chose is from Pinkfresh Studios and it set the tone for the rest of my kit:
Up in the Clouds /Patterned Circles
This paper had all the colors on my shopping list and was exactly the fun and fresh vibe I wanted for my kit.  Here are the rest of the papers:
I've arranged them from left to right in the order I selected them: Basic Grey Fresh Cut Collection" Morning Glory Market" (pink floral) and "Snapdragon Shop" (marbled look), Elles Studio Cienna Collection "Tiny Notes" (stripe), Crate Paper Poolside Collection "Swim Lessons" (tiny triangles), Scraptastic "Succulents" (blue) and "Happy Hearts", and Amy Tangerine Plus One Collection "Combo" (feathers). As I did with my kits last year, I've added an "on-a-whim" choice, a paper that might not necessarily fit in with the others but is one that I felt inspired to include. This kit's "on-a-whim" choice was the striped Elle's Studio paper.

For embellishments, I started by pulling a Bella Blvd. 12x12 sticker sheet that has an alphabet, border stickers and labels. I added a washi tape booklet from Pink Paislee's Memorandum Collection, some puffy stickers and word stickers from the Fancy Pants Happy Place Collection, more puffy stickers from MAMBI, a set of label stickers from Webster's Pages and a sheet of doodled flower stickers from Freckled Fawn:
As I was looking for embellishments, I discovered a couple of embellishment kits from Freckled Fawn that I hadn't yet used. This Woodland kit from October 2015 was a perfect match to the rest of my kit:
I certainly have plenty of embellishments to play with this month - enamel dots, wood veneer, acrylic shapes, puffy stickers, felt stickers, clips, circle transparencies and washi tape. This kit definitely makes me happy and I'm excited about digging in and working with the bright and happy colors during the cold and dreary month of January.
I hope you'll join in with us this month and create your own kit. Don't forget to add your kit and projects to the monthly link-up so we can all see what you've done. Now please hop on over to Stephanie's blog to see her take on this month's inspiration. Here's the complete list of blogs for this month's hop - you won't want to miss any stops:

Susan - http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com/ (you're here!)
Stephanie - http://skylinepaperie.blogspot.com/
Susanne - http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com/
Clair - http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.com/
Jemma - http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk/
Julene -  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
Kelly - http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com/
Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.ca/
Lisa - http://lisahausmann.blogspot.ca/
Margie -  http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com/

 

15 comments :

  1. That's so lovely. Great choices. HNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a LOT of lovely Susan! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful kit to kick off the new year and a whole new 12 months of scrapping! love it. I especially love the bits and pieces you've added from your Freckled Fawn embellishment kit and your starting piece of paper. Great stuff! This is going to be an awesome year of creativity

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I want your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty happy kit. Well chosen, I am sure you will enjoy using it. And, doesn't it feel great to break into those older kits and get some of it used. I wish my most untouched kit was as recent as October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On your mark, get se, go! A fun kit to start your year. The gold puffy hearts are giving me sticker envy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a bright spot in the drear of winter! I love how you've got some, dare I say "pops"? of black & grey to ground the burst of color, and the gold hit continues what feels to me like an urban/upscale vibe. Simply FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Freckled Fawn woodland kit of embellishments.Gorgeous colours and items overall! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh--that is a lovely kit!! I adore your papers! The pops of gold are perfect as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kit, the chipboard leaves are perfect with you kit.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bright, fresh feel of your kit, especially those neon leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Susan! This really is a little bit of lovely. A whole lot of lovely, actually. The colours are delicious and all of those sweet embellishments - envelopes and leaves - are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. !!! This is a lovely kit! I love that you make your "shopping list" first! that's a great idea! I cannot wait to see what you do with your kit!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs