More January CKC Layouts

I was able to make three more scrapbook pages from my "A Little Bit of Lovely" kit. Our weather has been gray and dreary lately and playing with the happy colors of this kit has definitely brightened a few of my days.

The first layout commemorates a quick local roadtrip I took with my youngest daughter to Carlo's Bakery (of "Cake Boss" fame). She loves to bake and has watched many episodes of the show so when we found out that he had opened a new location in our state, we knew we had to visit and sample some of the offerings. No sacrifice is too great for a scrapbook page, right?!
The background is my "on-a-whim" paper. Since I liked the branding strip of hearts at the bottom, I just trimmed a bit off the top to keep the size at 12x12. I added a smaller square of the gray feather paper and then arranged my four photos in a very loose grid.
I used a phrase from the script foam letter sheet for my title, added my story on a journaling card, and tucked in some washi strips, labels and tags in a few places around the page.
My next layout is one that's been on my scrapbooking "to do" list for a few months. 
Miller's was a bakery shop not too far from my grandparents' home in Rhode Island and their donuts are a very delicious memory from my childhood. They've been closed for many years so I don't have a photo of the shop or the donuts but that didn't stop me from getting this important-to-me story told.
I supplemented my kit supplies with these cute donut shapes from Prima and used a chipboard donut (Crate Paper perhaps?) as the "O" in my title.
I added some paper strips to the side and attached some tabs from the Bella Blvd. sticker sheet in my kit. I'm especially happy with how this looks.

And now that I've made you hungry, here is my final page - and it's not about food!
This is one of the rare times that I don't have more than a sentence of journaling on a page but in this case, I just really wanted to get that photo scrapbooked. I did write everyone's names and ages on the back but otherwise, the title says all I want to say about it: "Happiness is a Christmas Day selfie with your cousins."

I arranged the word stickers from Fancy Pants as a border all around the page, attached three of the Freckled Fawn paper clips, and used the gold script word from Heidi Swapp as the title.
The puffy stickers sheet (also from Fancy Pants) had little triangle pieces that matched the design of the background paper (from Crate Paper) and so I added a few of them around the page to add a little more texture.
And with that, I think I'm ready to retire this kit. February is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to working with a new inspiration kit!

6 comments :

  1. Fantastic layouts all so yummy and cute :) I agree about happiness is exactly that :) Wonderful that you all could get together for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely, but the third is my favorite because it is the least likely to make me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely layouts as always! I'm in awe of your journalling talents - even the one liners :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the strips on the side of #2 - so simple but creates such great interest & dimension - and those adorable donuts! Adding the puffy triangles on #3 is another. #1 though has my vote as it makes use of (drumroll, please) patterned paper. That grey feather reads as a nice neutral even though it is a busy pattern & helps anchor your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brads and have a huge stash of them. Thanks for all the inspiration, I love each of these layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs