CKC February Kit - Challenge #1

Are you ready for the first challenge from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog kit for February? It's definitely a fun one: Sappy Movie Inspiration! Be inspired by your favorite romantic movie.

This prompt really got me thinking and I arrived at the topic for my page in a very round-about way. One of my favorite romantic comedies is "You've Got Mail" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. There's a lot of inspiration to be found in it: the love story, New York City, bookstores, instant messaging. It's got a lot of wonderful quotes too: "Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies." "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?" So many possibilities...

I finally decided to go with this quote:
While I didn't use the actual quote on my layout, it completely inspired my page:
When I was in elementary school, one of my best friends and I spent months reading all sorts of children's paperback books published by Dell Yearling. A quick Google search gave me photos of some of my favorites and I arranged them in a square collage.

I pulled the blue and yellow embellishments from my kit, along with two of the 3X4 pocket cards (one for my title and the other for my journaling).
Once I arranged everything on the page, I added some small stamps here and there.
It may have taken me a while to come up with my topic, but I'm so glad I told this little story. How about you? Will you join in with us this month and make a project inspired by your favorite romantic movie? Don't forget to link up your project on the CKC blog here

2 comments :

  1. Love the calm color scheme of your page. You have reminded me of reading in a friend's upstairs window seat when I was about 6 years old. What a companionable silence we shared :)
    Very creative use of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has come up really well.Love your layout details.
    I can think of summers like that too.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs