CKC February Kit - Challenge #3

I'm back with a layout based on Challenge #3 this month - "Say what??" - base your project on a quote or a fun family saying. This challenge reminded me of a funny phrase my daughter coined when she was three years old and we were having dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Here's my page:
The journaling reads:
We were out to dinner at Portofino's and we ordered pasta with butter for you (since you didn't like pasta sauce yet). Your meal arrived - a bowl of penne, just swimming in butter (much more than I usually used). You looked at it and exclaimed, "Look at all the noodle juice!" as we all laughed.
I cut some of the circles out of the Maggie Holmes/Styleboard Collection paper that was the inspiration for my February CKC kit and scattered them around the page. They remind me of bubbles and add a cute and whimsical feel to the layout. 
I outlined the circles to make them stand out a little more from the cardstock background, and then I outlined the edges of the page as well.
The photo on the page is my daughter's pre-school portrait. I don't have any photos from the night in the story, but she's the same age in her portrait as she was that night. Seeing that photo brings me right back to that time. And if you're wondering how I remembered the circumstance of that night (which is over 20 years ago now), I keep a journal with notes and stories from when the girls were younger. And by "journal", I mean a notebook with little slips of paper taped and stapled in between the more traditional written entries. Whatever works, right?!

Please pop back over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the other Master Forgers interpreted this fun challenge!

2 comments :

  1. Cute page and story for a cute photo - love the doodled circle edges - they go very well with those alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to have that journal! I hope you will continue scrapping those memories. What a cute little dress she is wearing & your homegrown embellis are perfection with it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs