Counterfeit Kit Challenge February Reveal Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the final stop on the blog hop for the February Counterfeit Kit Challenge! Our inspiration kit this month is the February kit from the Mind the Scrap kit club. Here's a little peek:
Mind The Scrap
I love the gorgeous colors and any kit that has lots of Maggie Holmes designs in it is a great one in my book!  I took a good look at all this loveliness and then wrote my shopping list to guide me as I assembled my own kit:
 
I was definitely inspired - it took me very little time to put together my CKC kit for the month, "Hello, Sunshine":
As usual, I'll start with the papers:
The first paper I chose was "Pretty Palette" from Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes Styleboard Collection:
Pretty Palette via Scrapbook.com
It had all the colors I wanted to include in my kit. Moving clockwise from there in my photo, the remaining papers are a stamped vellum paper I forged, "Ivy" from Crate Paper's Samantha Collection (a 2007 paper), the reverse side of a cut-apart sheet from Carta Bella's Hello Again Collection, the reverse side of Carta Bella's "Hello Chevron" paper from the Hello Again Collection, the reverse side of "Lilac Meadow" from the Fresh Cut Collection from Basic Grey, the reverse side of "Green Space" from Pink Paislee's Cedar Lane Collection, the reverse side of "Sequins" from Carta Bella's Wildflower Collection, "RSVP" from Crate Paper's Confetti Collection and "Marshmellow" from Lily Bee's Sweet Shoppe Collection. This last paper was my "on-a-whim" selection - a paper that doesn't seem to really fit in with the others but is one that I feel inspired to include anyway.

Now on to the embellishments. Last month, many of the Master Forgers included Project Life or pocket cards in their kits. I thought this was a great idea and so this month I've included some in mine.
These are from the journaling cards set from Crate Paper's "Notes and Things", which I think might be my favorite scrapbooking collection of all time.

Next, I added some stamps, a sticker sheet from a very old Crate Paper collection (isn't it amazing how consistent their color schemes are?) and another of my forgeries for this month.
For the rest of my embellishments, I turned to my color boxes. I have some 4x6 plastic boxes and when I'm finished with my CKC kits, I sort the remaining embellishments by color and store them in these boxes. I talk a little more about the boxes in this post
Lately I've been adding to the boxes but not really using the contents so I thought I'd include a selection from some of the boxes in my kit. Here's what I picked:
I chose a variety of colors, shapes and types: chipboard, felt, washi, trim, labels and other miscellaneous odds and ends. I'm not sure how I ended up with four ampersands but I'll have to come up with a way to get them on a layout.

So that's my kit - I'm excited to dig in and work with it. I hope you'll play along with us this month and link up your kit and projects on the CKC blog here so we can all get a little inspiration from your work.

If you missed any of the stops on the reveal, here are the links to the other Master Forgers' blogs so you can stop by and see all the lovely kits this month:

Stephanie:  http://skylinepaperie.blogspot.com 
Susanne:  http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Clair: http://obstinatepursuit.blogspot.co.uk/
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
Julene:  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
Kelly: http://66.147.244.112/~honeysv0/
Leslie:  http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.ca 
Lisa:  http://lisahausmann.blogspot.ca
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com/
Margie:  http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com 
Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.de/ (that's me!)

You can also find the CKC blog here and our inspiration kit from Mind the Scrap here.

I'll be back on the 4th with more details about my forgeries for this month!

12 comments :

  1. This is fabulous. Especially love the stamp sets. That Maggie Holmes Styleboard collection just never goes out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selections! Especially those counterfeit hearts!And that paper from Styleboard is the yummiest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though someone else is determined for spring to arrive - 'Hello Sunshine' is an inspired name!

    I'm especially loving the inclusion of some stamps in your kit - that little envelope is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute kit and I love the starting point that you took off from :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you make a list to draw from. It's a great idea. I imagine it's helpful if you are stuck. Your kit is beautiful. The papers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your forgeries are AWESOME!!! as is the rest of your kit, have fun playing this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see those forgeries on the fourth - I was so tempted to give them a go but looking at yours, I stand no chance of getting them to look sooo good! A wonderful kit with all the colours from the original, just softer! It will be perfect for your pages. I know you are going to blow us away this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collection of supplies. I can see you were very inspired! I am intrigued by your box organization method and will like to read up on that. Hope you produce a LOAD of layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic kit Susan!Your papers especially are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your inspiration piece, great stamps too. Looking forward to seeing your forgeries.
    Cindy f

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure how I managed to miss half the hop this month - so sorry! I am loving your color boxes idea. I have been toying with this for awhile, so you may have finally decided me. Have loved what you've made so far this month, and I especially was bowled over by your forged transparency. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this kit! My favorite is definitely the Pretty Palette paper--it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs