Gotta Use It Now!

Have you ever gotten a new (or new to you) scrapbooking product that inspires you so much that you just have to use it right away? I recently placed a very small online order with Scrapbook.com and when my products arrived, I couldn't wait to make a layout using them.

Here's my order:
The papers are Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes/Bloom (pink stripe and "happy moments") and Amy Tangerine/Better Together. I also got a roller stamp from Amy Tangerine/Better Together and some wood veneer pieces from We R Memory Keepers/Honey I'm Home. I couldn't resist combining these on a page right away.

To spark my inspiration, I turned to the Whimsical Musings blog. They have over 200 great prompts - you can definitely find one or two (or several) that will catch your attention. I selected #199: Be inspired by woman power. 

I'm inspired by my older daughter's sense of adventure, and with the help of the prompt, my new supplies and some of her Instagram photos, this page came together in almost no time.
I used the wide pink stripe paper as my background, and first arranged my photos in the center. I wanted them to look like they'd been carelessly tossed on top of a table or desk, almost like my daughter had just emptied out her carry-on from her latest trip. 

I added the two other papers in small doses: I punched circles from the heart paper and cut two small strips of the phrase paper. Here's a little tip - I first trimmed down those two supplemental papers into 8-1/2 x 11 sheets, and then used the leftover pieces to punch the circles and cut the strips. So instead of just randomly punching or cutting into whole 12 x 12 sheets and potentially wasting them, I now still have two very usable large pieces.

Some of the phrases on the roller stamp were perfect for my theme, so I took a deep breath and stamped them right on to my photos. I don't think I've ever done that before but I used Stazon ink and practiced a few times on a piece of scrap paper first. I printed the photos at home on my Selphy printer, so if I made a mistake it wouldn't be hard to re-print one.
The wood veneer frame was a perfect spot for my journaling. Another wood piece serves as the title and I added one more, a heart, to form a visual triangle around my photos. As a final touch, I scattered some pink, yellow and orange enamel dots around the page.

And there it is - a page with product that really inspired me. What's been inspiring you lately?

1 comment :

  1. Standing "O" for stamping on your photos! This page really captures the essence of what you describe in the journaling. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs