Layouts Lately

I recently started subscribing to Ali Edwards' Story Kits and Story Stamps and would like to share the layouts I made with the first kit I received.

The theme of this kit was "old and new". I really enjoy making pages that compare the past and present so I was excited to start off my subscription with this theme. My first page is about what college was like for me versus what it was/is like for my daughters (a landline vs. cell phone, communicating by letter vs. communicating by text, no transportation vs. having a car on campus). It's amazing how things have changed so much in so little time!
I was happy to use up almost a full pack of die cut leaves on this page, and I added a little gold stitching here and there too.
My next page features a grid design of photos of my family taken over the years. 
I reinforced the quote by tying some thread around my journaling card.
This layout pairs a family selfie taken on Christmas with my desire to record the story of my family.
I really liked these chipboard word circles that came in the kit:
I shared my final layout before in this post but thought I'd include it again here because it was my favorite from the kit:
The announcement of a new baby in our extended family lead to a request from my oldest to see the ultrasound photos I had from when I was pregnant with her. We ended up going through a chest of both daughters' baby things. I took a photo of some of the items I'd saved for each girl and wrote about the sweet memories that those items brought back to me.
Thanks for stopping in - I'll be back in a couple days with the layouts I made with the next kit.

2 comments :

  1. Oh, Susan! As always, your stories shine so brightly.
    Had to laugh at you using up the leaves all at once since that was your challenge to your readers :D
    Have been where you are - temporarily (in the grand scheme of things) between what was & what is to be in your family & can relate. Beautifully & creatively done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really nice, you've showcased the kit wonderfully, and it seems to have you committing your story to paper. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs