Layouts Lately

The layouts I have to share today were made with the Heart Story Kit and Story Stamps from Ali Edwards

For my first page, I used the large acrylic script "heart"as my title:
In keeping with the theme of my page, I stamped Rhode Island and Connecticut images (from Close to My Heart) above and below the acrylic word to show that both states have a piece of my heart.
My journaling explains my connection to both states. 
 
I made the second layout using inspiration from a variety of sources: a prompt from LOAD216 to scrap something special about where I live, a sketch from Ready, Sketch, Go!, the Felicity Jane February kit (Sweetness), and of course the Heart Story Kit.
One of the things I like most about where I live is that I get to experience all four seasons. In the spirit of full disclosure, I don't always enjoy the entire season (I'm talking to you, winter!) but I can't imagine living somewhere without the changes in weather and landscape brought about by spring, summer, autumn and winter.
I cut two hearts out of a glassine bag to bring a little more attention to my state abbreviation.

Page number three is also based on a Ready, Sketch, Go! sketch:
This new paper from Pinkfresh Studio provided me with lovely lines to fill with journaling.
My final page was inspired by prompt #10 from the Whimsical Musings blog - be inspired by what's right outside your window.
I happened to look out a window earlier this week and saw a sight that made me very happy - a few crocuses in bloom.
 I'm sure there's still plenty of winter weather left around here but those little purple blooms definitely brightened my day.
Looking at these pages, I've noticed that I've been doing a bit of multi-tasking with my pages lately - combining several different kits with prompts and sketches. It's a fun way to liven up my scrapbooking - do you ever multi-task with your pages?

1 comment :

  1. These are lovely, I like the way you use patterned paper, mixing it but not overwhelming us with it. And I can manage to mix a prompt or sketch with using my kit, but if I have to add in a third thread of thought - things go off the rail quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs