Storing All That Stuff

I'm still working away on my reorganizing project - I'm making good progress on the paring down part of the project and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It feels great to free up some space and donate things I know I won't use to someone who will appreciate them.

I don't plan to rush the reorganizing part of the project - I'd like to take some time and really think about what will work best for me before I commit to storage solutions. I don't want to be repeating this process again for a while.

There is one storage method I'm using now and plan to continue in the future: hanging certain supplies on binder rings.
This approach works well for me - I like that it's portable, allows me to easily see what I have in a particular category, and doesn't take up a lot of space. 

I store several binder rings on hooks I've adhered to the inside of the doors on an IKEA armoire in our former-playroom-now-office. Most scrapbooking embellishments already have holes in their packaging so it's very easy to thread entire packs on a ring. I use this storage solution for labels, ephemera packs, alpha stickers, rub-ons and anything else that is relatively flat and lightweight. Here's a look at the inside of one of the doors:
The other door has cork board on the inside. I hang ziplock bags of embellishments using binder clips and pushpins on that side:
This keeps some supplies out of the way but still in sight.

If you're looking for some fun storage ideas, please check out the next installment of "Stylish Scrapbook Storage in a Snap" on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

1 comment :

  1. I like how you've repeated the storage techniques of using rings and binder clips for hanging stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs