And Still More March CKC Layouts

I had two almost-whole sheets of paper left in my kit so I thought I'd try to get two more layouts made. Shimelle happened to be hosting a fun weekend challenge on her blog and I found two challenges that fit in quite nicely with what remained in my kit.

The first challenge was to scrap a monochromatic layout. I used my remaining red papers to put together this page about how I find myself buying cut flowers at the grocery store at this time every year to help usher in spring (or maybe just get through the last of the winter doldrums!).
The papers, washi and enamel dots all came from my kit. 

I pulled out my red color box to find a few more embellishments to add to the page.
 
The color box even provided me with the "happy" title.

My second layout was based on Shimelle's final challenge - she asked people to make a page using the design comments left for her as inspiration for her final page. I picked two of the comments: stamp right on a photo and use chevrons. Here is my layout:
My yellow background paper has a horizontal chevron pattern and I added a little chevron stamp to my title/journaling block.
I stamped the heart/hello on my photo. I've been trying to do this more often because I really like the look it gives to the photo.
The stamps and two puffy stickers weren't in my March kit, but we all reserve the right to add a little something every now and then right? And since the goal of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is to use up what we have, it all works out in the end! 

And now I can definitely say that I'm done with my March kit. There really wasn't much left in it - a few small scraps of paper, a handful of enamel shapes, two wood veneer words and a sheet of rub-ons that turned out to be stuck to their packaging and couldn't have been used anyway. I enjoyed scrapping with the primary colors of my kit - I've been using pinks, mints, and pastel shades lately so this was definitely a nice change. Thanks for stopping by - happy scrapping!

4 comments :

  1. I love both of these layouts. The red one is so vibrant and colourful and the second one is my favourite with those yellow arrows and the stamp on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are so fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. March 11th & you've killed your kit. Bravo!
    I think I have exhausted mine, for the first time - EVER.
    I love that you had no problem stash diving for some finishing touches. When you scrap with a kit you wouldn't think twice about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An early kill for sure and such lovely layouts that really don't look like they are using up kit left overs. I thought the Shimelle challenges were great and to be honest, there's a monochromatic page coming up for the member blog hop that was definitely inspired by that prompt even though I haven't linked up to it. Great pages and such beautiful photography - as always

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs