CKC Layouts for March

I have two layouts to share today that I made with my "So Rad" Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit. This month we are using an Ali Edwards' Story kit as our inspiration.

My first page has no photos and is a list of the things that are happening in my life right now. I want to try to make this type of layout several times a year; life is always changing and it will be nice to look back and see little snippets from a certain time period.
I first made a grid with strips of white cardstock on the white background. I thought that darker grid lines might have been too distracting.
I filled in the "boxes" of the grid with some of the embellishments from my kit - wood veneer and chipboard shapes...
...labels and enamel shapes and a cork ampersand.
I trimmed one of the transparencies and stapled it to the page to serve as my title, added a little yellow label with the date, and stamped a subtitle underneath. This topic was a great way to use up the unrelated embellishment items I put in my kit (ampersand, spinner with arrow, camera and pie chart). I also added several rub-ons from an American Crafts book - it's an old product but it still worked very well.

The second page records a fun story about a little food shack we pass on our way to visit our daughters at college. We always joke about stopping here for a bite to eat (we have never seen any cars there) and one day we pulled over so I could take a few photos of the place. The colors were a great match to my kit.
I cut a wide strip of the die-cut alpha paper I included in my kit and placed it right in the center of my page. After I added the yellow and red papers and my photos, I realized that I hadn't left myself a good spot for my journaling so I ended up writing it on strips of white cardstock to help them stand out from the background.
I used an ink pad to alter the color of the wood veneer word and arrow and slipped a punched circle of the arrow paper under them to keep the blue from fading into the background of the alpha paper.
Since there was already a lot of color and pattern on the page, I kept the embellishments simple - just a couple of chipboard hearts and enamel stars here and there. 

I've got a couple more layout ideas for my kit. I'll be back in a few days to share what I've made. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments :

  1. Both layouts look super.What a cute little food shop.Like stepping back in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really loving your random pages lately, in the sense that I relate to this stage of life where we are noticing fun little things (like the food shack) & preserving them! That first white-on-white grid (genius!) is the perfect use of the kit this month! Did I tell you that I have an inspiration folder just for your pages? It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great range these two layouts show - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the first page is a great one to make from time to time because, as you say, things change all the time. Adding to my list. I am in love with that pie-chart wood veneer! how gorgeous is that?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs