February Felicity Jane Kit Part 2

Here are the other layouts I made from the "Something Sweet" kit. I took a clean and simple approach with this first page:
The design is based on a February 2016 sketch from PageMaps.  
 The thin strips bordering the page are the branding strips from the kit papers.
My page title, "Something Sweet", is one of the stamps included in the kit.
I pieced together selections of the papers for this next page. I originally wanted to use four equal-size triangles centered on the page but decided to shift everything to the right when I discovered I didn't have a big enough piece of one of the papers.
I used the template again to stitch on two sides of the photo, between a couple of the papers and under the title.
The vellum labels are from the subscriber printables and I stapled them in place in opposite corners of the page:

It was back to fussy-cutting for the final layout.
The page design was inspired by a September 2011 PageMaps sketch via Whimsical Musings prompt #6.
I don't know about you but I find it strangely relaxing to cut around the shapes - is that weird?
Those luscious letters were perfect for the title.
So that makes 6 layouts from this kit. I still have some paper scraps and a couple of embellishments but I'm going to add them to the remnants from my other Felicity Jane kits and look forward to getting my hands on the March kit!

2 comments :

  1. Adore the fussy-cut roses!
    Real genius to print the FJ printables on vellum - whaaat? Def scraplifting that idea :-)
    And I already lifted the stitching, hehe..
    (Lisa loved those alphas, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fussy cutting. It never takes as long as long as you think it will, is totally relaxing and the results are a lot of fun. The vellum printable labels are just gorgeous and all three layouts are wonderful. I know I commented on them over on FB(?) so you know how happy they make me!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs