Felicity Jane February Kit (and January too)

I wanted to start with a layout I haven't yet shared that I made with the January Felicity Jane kit, "Susie". The idea for the layout came from Whimsical Musings prompt #202 - be inspired by extra. This page shows the extra-special relationship shared by my daughters and my parents.
I spent a little extra time making the heart shaker pocket on the page. The confetti inside it came from a colorful little popper I found at Target's $1 spot. It was a great match to the colors of the kit.
 The label-lover in me enjoyed framing the photo with these fun little bits:
 
Now I don't want to play favorites but the February Felicity Jane kit, "Something Sweet", is definitely one that really appealed to me. Just look at this gorgeous collection of papers and embellishments:
Felicity Jane
I love the mint, pinks and signature black and white prints in this kit - so soft and pretty! I just wanted to stare at it for a while! But the point of getting a kit is using the supplies so I eventually dug right in to it and ended up creating six pages with this collection of loveliness.

I already shared this layout (made from the kit plus a few embellishments from an Ali Edwards Story Kit) in this post:

The kit included a fun stitching template and some floss, and I put them to use on this page. 
I sewed the lines of my grid and added a little heart as well. I used the stamp set to fill in some of the squares and labels.

I knew I wouldn't be able to use that bold floral paper as a background for a page so I fussy-cut some of the flowers for my next page:
The little striped pocket is from the subscriber printable; I printed it on vellum and sewed it in place to hold my journaling.
These gold-dipped letters are from Pink Paislee and are so pretty!
 I'll  be back with another post to share the remaining kit layouts. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

  1. This is so gorgeous - going in my Susan file. Would love to read your journaling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! they are so gorgeous! I know that I'Ve seen one or two of them already but you take me breath away! just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs