Layouts Lately - Welcome Little Friends

It seems as though spring has arrived a little early here in the northeast (we'll just ignore the 1-3 inches of snow in the forecast for this weekend). I've been enjoying walks outside through my neighborhood and I've noticed lots of blooms popping up all over the place.

This page features a collage of the flowers that have brightened up my day lately. I used a new collection from Elle's Studio called "Little Moments". It has bright and cheery spring colors and fun patterns that make me happy, just like those flowers.
I played around with lots of ideas for this page at first but finally settled on the neutral grays and blacks as the mat for my photo. 
These hearts and leaves are my favorite prints - they are just so sweet and dainty.
I cut small rectangles from the more colorful papers (I have the 6x6 paper pad). I arranged them on the border of the white cardstock and then sewed two lines of stitches all around. I gently lifted up the edges to add a little something extra to the page.
After I placed my title and wrote my journaling, I added a couple tabs and a pink heart to finish off the page. And so now if the snow comes and covers the flowers, I'll at least have this page to make me happy!

2 comments :

  1. The stitched frame around the outside is just so pretty and a reminder to me that I should do things like this more often. A really lovely page and your collage of spring photos is really super

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a little ahead of us here in Michigan, of course, but I'm reminded to keep my eyes open! Love that stitched border & the neutral matting - nice counterpoint to the gorgeous spring blossoms.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs