Layouts Lately

I've been playing along lately with the prompts at the Whimsical Musings blog. They spark some great stories, help me use up supplies and challenge me to try new techniques or revisit old ones.

One of the recent challenges was to be inspired by eyelets. Eyelets were a popular product when I first began scrapbooking many years ago, and though I haven't used them in a very long time, I still have a few left. I decided to use them with some twine to make a border for my page.
Here's a closer look:

I don't know that I'll be using them regularly on my pages but it was nice to try them out again.
Another recent prompt was to be inspired by Tiffany blue. I really enjoyed looking through Tiffany's instagram feed for a little inspiration. I finally settled on this photo:
I kept the iconic blue shade as a background but substituted round confetti shapes for the hearts:
My final layout was actually inspired by product. I was one of the lucky prize winners for the blog's 200th prompt celebration. I won the Schnick Schnack Sack from the Scrapabilly kit club and was so excited when it arrived that I started using it right away. Here's a look at the prize:
And here's the layout:
I like making pages that capture a personal snapshot of things that are important to me at the moment. Sometimes I make a page about current favorites but for this page, I decided to record the items for which I was especially grateful last week.

There were so many fun bits and pieces in my prize that I couldn't resist using a little pinch of everything!
So if you're looking for some fresh inspiration, please check out the Whimsical Musings blog - there's a great list of past prompts and I'm sure you'll find several fun ideas to inspire a page or two. 
 

1 comment :

  1. Page 1: love the font of those gold letters and how you've ratcheted up the complexity of this simple page with the interesting papers matting the photo, plus the texture of the twine.
    Page 2: Magical! The halo at the top of your photo just plays into that confetti shower so perfectly! You have such a creative eye for successfully translating an inspiration.
    Page 3: You really DID use every bit of that amazing prize! I even spy the little orange ink on there :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs