More CKC March Layouts

Today I have two more layouts that I put together using my "So Rad" CKC kit for March.

This first page has one of my tried and true designs - paper strips. I actually combined paper strips and washi strips for this background:
I converted my photos to black & white so that they wouldn't compete with the colorful paper strips.  The blue and white diagonal piece at the top is the branding strip from the gray paper that mats the layout. It covers a mistake in the journaling that I'd originally written at the top of the page.
I stamped a few single words along the side edges and used another stamp with three short sentences along the top and bottom of the strips.
I placed a few enamel hearts on some of the strips, matching the hearts to the color of the strips.

The base for my second layout was the result of a happy accident. My patterned papers were scattered across my table and the green die-cut number sheet happened to rest on top of the  other green paper I included in my kit. I liked the way they looked together and decided to use them for this page:
I used one of Ali's stamps with some Staz-on ink right on my photo.
I'd included two tri-fold journaling cards from one of Becky Higgins' first Project Life kits in my kit this month.  I cut one of them and used it under my photo mat (it's the gray and white number design). I filled the other card with journaling, folded it in three and slipped in beneath my photo. I had already adhered the photo to the page with dimensional adhesive strips to leave an opening wide enough for that tri-fold card.
I stamped "story" on the card's tab and added a green enamel dot. The black postage stamp embellishment is a rub-on and I placed a few more of them at the top and bottom of the page.
The enamel hearts and dots were the finishing touch. I'm not usually fond of the color green but I'm very pleased with how this page looks.

I've enjoyed working with this kit and have used quite a bit of it already. I'll have to see if I have enough left for one more layout. Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments :

  1. Love a happy accident! The photo just pops off your green page, and that's a clever way to hide the journaling using this month's kit. Plus on that first layout - I always appreciate when anyone shares their cover-up strategy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love the stamping on the photo, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to cover things up all the time - even whole blocks of journaling so it makes me feel better that even you have to do that sometimes too! your layouts always seem so much cleaner and neater than mine so good to know that you have a few "dirty" secrets!!! Two beautiful layouts - the green based one is unexpected but lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs