April CKC Layout - Happy

It's time for another layout from my "Amethyst and Amber" April CKC kit. The page I'm sharing today was inspired by this patterned paper wave I saw on Pinterest: 

If you'd like to give this a try, Stacy Cohen shared a tutorial for her technique on the My Creative Scrapbook blog here

I made two wave strips and placed my photo in between them on my layout:

I used a pre-made tag as a title, and I paired it with a butterfly I punched from patterned paper. Three wood veneer hearts and a scalloped border were all I needed to complete the page.
I used a dark brown chalk ink on the edges of the patterned papers, cardstock, tag and butterfly to help them stand out a little more.
It's not to late to join in the fun on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for April! Please share your projects on the link page here so we can all take a look at what you've been up to this month.

4 comments :

  1. Loving those waves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Pinterest idea.You've rocked this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combination of colors & pattern. I have always loved amethyst as a fall color. Sweet photo of your girls! I'm happy to see those patterned woodgrain embellis in use as they really are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice, the wavy-cut paper certainly leads our eyes through the photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs