CKC April Kit - Challenge #1

The first challenge on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month is to incorporate a shabby chic technique or two into your project.

I decided to work with a black and white photo of my grandparents for this challenge and here is the layout I made:
After I selected an off-white sheet of cardstock to use as my background, I used some flourish stamps to make a base for my photo. I layered a couple of papers under the photo to add color and used an edge punch on a paper strip that I slipped under the left edge. I adhered the photo and then placed some gold doily rub-ons around it. I used a circle stamp around the doilies to tie them in to the rest of stamping in the center of the page. To complete that section of the layout, I added a tag (with another gold doily rub-on) and vellum flowers with brad centers at opposite corners of the photo.

I punched a wide decorative edge at the top of the cardstock. I noticed that I'd smudged some ink along the top as well and so I added the black cardstock circle to cover it. I combined that with a fabric covered brad and a stamped circle.
For balance, I placed a similar cluster at the bottom of the page. I wrote my journaling on the left of the page - I had assembled the page without really giving myself much room for it. My photo was actually slightly off center anyway, so including the journaling on the left made that a little less noticable.

This challenge was fun to try. I didn't plan any of it out in advance - I knew I wanted to do some stamping so I just grabbed the cardstock, inkpad and flourish stamps and started right in.
So are you ready to try a shabby chic technique or two on your next project? Please link up your project here and don't forget to see how the other Master Forgers interpreted this challenge too!

4 comments :

  1. Gorgeous - that border punching is such a clever idea. Well done on making a mess (the smudge) into a masterpiece (the clusters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stamping and your colour scheme works perfectly with the black & white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your JB gold doily rub-ons with the stamped circle! Would never have thought of that & they are wonderful together. I have that stamp plus the swirls so was going to be watching out for what you did with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the mix of elements here is fabulous. Another great page.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs