Counterfeit Kit Challenge April Reveal and Blog Hop

Happy April and welcome to a brand-new month of inspiration on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog

If you've been following along on the hop, you already know that this month we are taking our cues from this lush and lovely kit from the C'est Magnifique kit club:
Link
The colors, style and mood of this kit are very different from what I'm usually drawn to but I was intrigued and excited to get started.

Here's my shopping list: 
And here is my take on the inspiration - I'm calling it "Amethyst and Amber":
 
When I first saw the inspiration kit, I thought of a particular 6x6 paper pad that I have. Once I pulled that out, I decided to try something a little new this month - I'm using 6x6 papers as the base for my kit. I pulled these papers from four paper pads:
 
The last papers in each row are vellum and are from the Die Cuts With a View Foiled Vellum stack. The first four in the top row are from My Mind's Eye "A Beautiful Life", the next two in that row and the first two in the bottom row are from Authentique "Grateful" and the last four are from We R Memory Keepers "Wildflower".  I included two sheets of each paper. 

I also added a few shades of cardstock and some specialty papers - a frames overlay from Hambly and a crinkled white paper that I picked up at Hobby Lobby:
 
For embellishments, I added some washi, a velvet-y ribbon, purple twine, an assortment of brads, wood veneer pieces and a few pre-embellished tags.
Then I added some floral pieces (flowers and leaves from Prima), gold accents (puffy hearts from Freckled Fawn and gold rub-ons from Jenni Bowlin), an old partially used rub-on sheet from My Mind's Eye and some chipboard pieces from the Project Life Everyday line. I also found a cream heart doily and included that too.
I've been including stamps in all of my recent kits and these are the ones I selected for this month:
And finally, I decided to include some punches to help me add some ornate details to my pages:
Whew! That took a while to assemble but I think I've got a good (and usable!) collection of products.
 
Now it's time to pop over to Stephanie's blog and see her take on this month's inspiration. Here's the list of the stops on the blog hop (you won't want to miss anything!):

I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!


12 comments :

  1. Fabulous kit Susan & I like your touch of amethyst to the mix.(Think I started a trend?)Your embellishments are adorable.Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on it-quite a pretty kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great kit! Those wood veneer with the black print on them are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous kit...you can certainly see the original influence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice of stamps and punches. A wonderful kit x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, aaah. Those papers are some I haven't seen before. Lovely kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea starting with a 6x6 pad--can't wait to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love all the pops of gold in your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your presentation, minus the papers, is so delicate, whispy & ethereal. Completely unexpected given the originals heavy quality but yet you have captured much about it with a very fresh take. Exquisite! I would def buy your kit :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this feels a little 'different' for you, so I'll be paying very close attention to how it shapes your style this month! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That gold really elevates this kit into something VERY special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful kit Susan :) Love the golds and the touch of purple in it :) Great selection of punches too for it

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs