Felicity Jane March Kit - More Layouts

One of papers in the March Felicity Jane kit had a multi-color geometric design. It was very pretty but I thought it was a little too busy to use in its entirety as a background paper and so I cut it up and used pieces of it for this page:
I included a long title and some puffy hearts...
 ...a flair and some stamping...
 ...and some sequins and small puffy word stickers.
The second layout was my take on a prompt on the Whimsical Musings blog to be inspired by polka dots. 
I used thin black & white striped washi around the edges of the page. After I punched several sizes of circles out of the black & white papers, I cut a fringe into the edges of the larger circles to add a little something extra to the design.
The blue tissue circles and hearts are leftovers from a previous FJ kit - they were the right shade of blue for my photo and I liked that they brought just a little contrast to the page. I matted my photo on a crinkled piece of tissue paper packaging (also from the kit).
I ran a thick black Sharpie around the edges of my photo and the patterned paper underneath it to give them a little definition. A stamped title at the top of the photo and a black & white bow from the subscriber printable at the bottom of the photo were my final touches.
The last page is the result of my idea to use the many labels, tabs and other small pieces that came with the kit. I arranged them in a large horizontal block on my page:
A long quote I've wanted to use for a while serves as my title. The photos are some that I took during my "Day in the Life" project (read more about that on Ali Edwards blog here).  I converted the photos to black and white to keep them from clashing with the rest of the colors on my layout, and then arranged them into two small square collages that I adhered side by side on the page. 
I added some stamps to the blanks spots on the tabs and labels, and wrote my journaling underneath.
The top border included a couple of branding strips from the papers, some washi and another hand-trimmed piece of patterned paper. I tucked a tab under the photo and topped it with a flair to fill in a little space between the title and the photo.
I only have some scraps of paper and a few embellishments left so it's time to retire this kit. I really enjoyed working with it this month - now I'll have to patiently wait for the April kit to arrive at my door!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs