From Pinterest to Page - Two Layouts

My final two layouts using my April Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit were both inspired by Pinterest. As I mentioned in this post, I am trying to clear off my Pinterest inspiration boards by actually using what I've pinned to make scrapbook pages.

First up, this page about how my parents have enabled me (and my family) to see many wonders of the world:
And this was the pin that inspired this page:
Arch Daily
I used my favorite circle punch on a variety of patterned papers from my kit, and then arranged them in offset strips along the top of the page.
I then added my photo on a few layers including a transparency and a strip that I punched with one of the edge punches I included in my April kit.
My second page was inspired by this pin:
Finnabair on Flickr
I replicated the woven paper strips on my page:
I'll be honest - the weaving took a little patience, especially since I'd edged the strips with ink to make them stand out a little better and didn't want to end up with a smudged mess - but I think it paid off.

I limited the embellishments to just three puffy gold hearts, and put part of my title on the photo to fill up a bit of the white space there.
Two more pins deleted from my Pinterest boards - I have quite a lot left but at least I'm making a little progress!

2 comments :

  1. This really is an inspired challenge, to clear your pin board...
    I love how the circles look - it's a clamshell pattern in quilting. The variety of your pps really makes it lively!
    The weaving looks FAB - keeping the rest of it simple really lets it shine. (Great pic of you two!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punch work and weaving, aren't you the versatile one. Nice job on incorporating the inspiration ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs