Inspired by...Pinterest

I enjoyed last month's CKC Challenge to use Pinterest as inspiration for a scrapbook page and thought I would give it another try.  I spent a few minutes browsing and settled on using this as the basis for a layout:
Abstract Triangle from AnOldTrumpet on Etsy
I had this photo in mind when I chose the image:
I knew that I would be rotating the photo one turn to the left so it would nicely fit into one of the tilted squares of the pin. I also knew that I wanted the photo to be in the center of the page - the inspiration piece has the tilted squares in the upper right and lower left. Still keeping the Etsy abstract in mind, I sketched out a design on some scrap paper:
Now it was time to get to work! I wanted a fun and happy tone for the page, so I pulled a piece of white cardstock for the base and a selection of papers from the March kit from the Clique Kit Club. I narrowed down the paper selection to these:
I then printed and cut the photo into a square shape and traced it on to a spare piece of white cardstock. I cut that square in half and got the triangles to use as the templates to trace on to the patterned paper (I would be using the "B" sides of a couple of these papers too).
The kit also had a few square die-cut cards that I cut into the smaller triangles shown on my sketch.  I adhered the photos and triangles, placed my title in the center in some white space at the top and bottom of my photo, and wrote the journaling around the edges of the page. Here is my completed page:
I outlined the photo with a black pen to define the edges and help it stand out a bit more from the other shapes.
I really enjoyed using something non-traditional (at least for me) as inspiration for a layout. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I did it again! I made a page with my "Amethyst and Amber" April CKC kit and the design was inspired by a bit of Anthropolgie decor that I found on Pinterest. I'll be sharing that page later this month.

4 comments :

  1. Oh I enjoyed seeing your thought process from inspiration to implementation. It's a very eyecatching page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout (and I am thrilled that you are still finding inspiration from the Pinterest challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! I have trouble making those leaps, but you do it so effortlessly. Had to giggle, though, as it is still a grid which I know is a fave of yours. Love the journaling around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun page - love it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs