I chose to hand-cut my large title (as per the challenge) and then stitched it to my page. I also stitched the photos in a few spots as well. (After looking at my page for a couple days, I decided that the title blended too much into the white cardstock background. I wanted to line the edges with ink but since the letters were already stitched to the page, that just seemed like an accident waiting to happen. I finally outlined the letters with a black pen and am happier with the final look of the page. The detail photos that follow were taken before I outlined the letters.)
And so while this challenge was, well, challenging at first, I'm very happy that it lead me to this story and that I've recorded an important bit of our family history.
Now it's your turn to take this challenge. Don't forget to link your project on the CKC blog here.