CKC May Layout - Happiness is Found Here

Whew! Just a little over halfway through May and between graduations, a baby shower, planning a grad party, trying to get my gardens weeded and planted, getting the yard in shape for summer, preparing for vacation and all the other activities of everyday life, it's been hard to find time to scrapbook. And doesn't it always seem that the one thing you don't have time to do is the one thing you really want to do?! Sigh...

I did manage to spend a little time scrapping and have a page to share with you today. I used my May CKC kit - "The Icing on the Cake" and put together this page about our front porch:
I overlapped two 4x6 photos for a panoramic view of the front of our house. I need to add the date of the photos - our house is no longer white, we removed the porch railings a few years ago, we've changed the cushions on the glider several times and the hostas have really filled in the front border. That's something I love about memory-keeping: looking back and seeing how things have changed (or sometimes not changed).
I used the My Mind's Eye alpha rub-ons I included in my kit. They are close to ten years old but they went on perfectly. The only problem I had was trying to come up with a title because the sheet contained just one or two of each letter. I added a chipboard "Happiness is" banner, also from My Mind's Eye, to the top to serve as the first part of the title. I kept everything centered, a design I use when my time is limited. The rose banner under the photo is the branding strip from the gray woodgrain background paper. The black and white floral tile design is a Maggie Holmes rub-on and the triangle banner is another chipboard piece.
I wrote my journaling under the last banner, added a pink chipboard heart and finished the page with a sentiment from a Maggie Holmes roller stamp. I think there might be a learning curve for stamping a proper image with a roller stamp - I practice a few times before stamping on a layout but I still have problems getting a clean image most of the time. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me? Any tips to share?

I did sneak in one more page with this kit - I'll be back in a few days with the details. Thanks for stopping in - hope you're enjoying your May!

4 comments :

  1. What a great way to record the memories of the changes you've made. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a great front porch!
    I try to do, as you said, a few practice stamps.
    This gets my stamps juicy & ready to stamp a complete image, but I still only get a really great result maybe half of the time.
    If I can keep from putting too much pressure it comes out better as a rule.
    My, you HAVE been busy! You have certainly earned your vacation :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Love the center orientation here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to do a panoramic layout! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs