Craftermath

So yesterday was International Scrapbook Day and though I didn't think I would be able to celebrate, I got the chance to spend a little part of the day scrapbooking.

To be completely honest, I was a little overwhelmed with all the challenges popping up on scrapbooking social media sites, particularly in some of the Facebook groups in which I participate. I like working on challenges because they definitely spark or stretch my creativity but they were coming up so fast and furious it was hard to follow them. I finally just picked a couple and decided to revisit the rest when I had more time.

My first layout was not part of an INSD challenge but is a May sketch challenge on the Write.Click.Scrapbook blog. I chose the third sketch and used my Felicity Jane April kit to make this page:
My journaling is tucked behind the photo and I wrote about how I get stressed about hosting Easter because we have a lot of people to fit in our somewhat small house. This year, I came across an article about changing your perspective and it helped me realize that I'm lucky to have so many people to share the holiday - it definitely reduced my stress level.

This next page satisfied two challenges: a "grab five" challenge by Inkie Quill (aka Adele Toomey) on the Scrapaholics Anonymous Facebook group (use gold, wood veneer, hearts, floral paper, and word stickers) and a bingo challenge on the Mercy Tiara 27-Day Challenge Facebook group (use gold, mixed media, yellow, stamping and floral).
Most of this page came from my May CKC kit, except for the mixed media components and the woodgrain letter stickers. Having my kit handy definitely helped me get this page put together pretty quickly.

My final page was for a challenge issued by Jen Schow on the Felicity Jane Facebook group. It was a recipe challenge which called for the following items: something hidden, something you've been hoarding, kraft and stamping.
I store all my Felicity Jane kit leftovers in one large 12x12 Iris case and everything on this page came from that box. I've been hoarding that floral background and the woodgrain paper, my journaling is hidden in the kraft envelope and I used my favorite tiny heart trio stamp in several spots around the page.

At this point, I needed to clean up my dining room table since we are hosting a Mother's Day dinner today but I was happy with my three layouts. I wish I had taken a photo of the mess on the table though - it looked like "scrapageddon" with paper, embellishments and other odds and ends scattered everywhere!

Were you able to celebrate International Scrapbook Day?

1 comment :

  1. Alas no crafting irl but def whirling inside my brain! Glad you got some creative time in, though, after all :) Will come back for a closer look on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs