Felicity Jane "Note to Self" Kit Layouts

Working with Counterfeit Kits on a monthly basis has helped me with two important scrapbooking skills:
1. I've refined my style, meaning that I know what types of supplies I like most and also that I've now got an arsenal of "go-to" designs.
2. I scrap faster because I scrap more often and waste less time looking for supplies.

The Whimsical Musings blog is a wonderful resource - the long list of prompts provide me with lots of page topics. 

In addition, I really like working with Felicity Jane kits.  I am always very inspired by the contents of the black and white striped box that arrives at my door every month.

So while the past six weeks were filled with a multitude of events on a personal level, I was able to put together a number of layouts in the limited time I had available because of those three assets I mentioned above.

I made five layouts using the Felicity Jane May kit ("Note to Self"). Four of the page topics were inspired by prompts from Whimsical Musings. 

Whimsical Musings Prompt #31 (be inspired by spring) provided me with the idea for this  page about lilacs:
I have made many pages about my love for this flower. I love their scent, and they are all the more special to me because they are so short-lived. Nothing else says spring to me like lilacs in bloom. 
My journaling is short and sweet: 
I can't imagine anything sweeter than the scent of lilacs. Heaven must smell like this.
 
My second page was inspired by Whimsical Musings prompt #78 (inspired by missing someone or something) and is about my beloved grandmother.
I've been using lots of punched circles on pages lately - they're a great way to get a variety of patterns on a page without overwhelming it with color or design.
I especially liked the "hello" paper and it was perfect for my page about the return of our hummingbirds.
Again, my journaling was short and sweet:
Our hummingbirds seem to return every spring just around May 7th, Nana's birthday. She is always on my mind more at that time of year, and now I like to think that she sends the hummingbirds back.

I'll be back again soon with my three other Felicity Jane pages.

1 comment :

  1. Agree with your conclusions on how to keep on scrapping even when life gets busy. I need to make better use of my FJ kits, though. Really adore the Nana page - when your girls read that they will probably adopt the same thought.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs