More Felicity Jane "Note to Self" Layouts

I'm back today with three more pages that I made using the "Note to Self" Felicity Jane kit.

The topic of this first page came from prompt #212 on the Whimsical Musings blog - be inspired by daily. I used this 2014 sketch from the Citrus Twist Kits blog.

The photos were taken as part of my "Week in the Life" project. The journaling is about how I try to start every day.


The second page was a bit of an experiment. I wanted to try something a little different with the cute sheet of multi-color polka dot paper that came in the kit. I had the idea to cut some circles into the sheet and pop the entire page up on dimensional adhesive so the layout would have a somewhat shadow box look.
 
I was able to use a punch for the circles close to the edge but had to trace and hand cut the circles further from the edge. 
I filled in the spaces with smaller punched circles; some are placed on pop dots but others are just adhered directly to the cardstock. I added more circles that I stamped with the set that came in the kit.
I added the title with letters from my supplies and then wrote my journaling, which corresponds to the stamped circles. It reads:
Remember to learn - be open to throughout your life to opportunities to educate yourself.
Remember to laugh - try not to take things (or yourself) too seriously.
Remember to work hard - make your dreams a reality.
Remember to play - you're never too old to have fun.
Remember to smile - there are so many wonderful things in life to enjoy.

For my final page, I was again inspired by the Whimsical Musings blog and used prompt #213 - be inspired by the selfie. 
 
I'm not a fan of photos of myself but I'm trying to learn to like them because I think it's important that I actually be on the pages I create. An angled shot and black & white prints help make a selfie more tolerable. I arranged multiple copies of a couple of small photos into two photo strips and adhered them on the diagonal on the ledger paper included in the kit.
I loved that cute pink typewriter on the sticker sheet that came in the kit and I stamped "note to self" on the paper coming out of the top of it.
I cut the branding strips and little bits of the patterned paper into banner shapes and placed them in a vertical row down the right edge of the page. I put the adhesive only on the right edge of the banners and then used my fingers to curl up the loose edges just a bit to add some interest to the page.

3 comments :

  1. Always love your FJ pages!
    I should take a cue from page #1, and you've told me why in your journaling :D
    #2 with the popped up paper & clever circle shadowboxes truly takes the dotty paper up 10 notches & gives it such interest & presence. Your girls are so lovely! I really enjoy your advice pages to them.
    #3 I had already seen on WM. Totally love the b/w filmstrips plus your insights in the journaling.
    Hope you enjoy your upcoming break - your creativity will be missed xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scrap lifting your polka dot paper with the cut outs, that is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see your take on it - please leave me a link :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs