CKC June - Challenge #1

Our first challenge this month on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is to choose a board from Burnett's Boards (a wedding site) and use it as inspiration for a project.

I selected this board:
coral, sea foam and yellow
There were several things I loved on this board: the flowers in the center, the strand of hearts and the word blocks. I stayed with the wedding mood by scrapping a photo from my wedding and here is the layout I made:
To mimic the flowers on the inspiration board, I cut circles around some of the individual flowers on the Bella Blvd. paper I included in my kit, and then mounted those circles on larger ones I cut from a paper from the 6x6 paper pad from the Fancy Free collection. I decided to add the paper pad to my kit to give me a few additional patterned paper options.
To mimic the word blocks on the inspiration board, I added pink word/phrases in three places on the page.

And finally, I mimicked the strand of hearts with a line of hearts that I punched from the roll of teal/gold washi tape I included in my kit, and adhered them in a row on top of my photo.


The topic for my page was inspired by a prompt on the Whimsical Musings blog (#199 - be inspired by woman power). The photo is a picture of my mom and me at my wedding and I wrote about how she was so helpful to me as I planned my special day, just as she's been for my entire life.

So, how about giving this challenge a try? There are some gorgeous boards at Burnetts - you can be inspired by colors, shapes, patterns, flowers, dresses and so much more. Don't forget to link what you make on the CKC blog here so we can all seen what you've done!

7 comments :

  1. A gorgeous photo and fabulous layout. Love those big flowers and gold hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! What a special moment to preserve. I love the peek of that pp in the circles - have seen a lot of that & will keep trying it. How on earth did you punch hearts out of washi?
    (Btw, on the CKC blog I tweaked your layout photo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! The washi tape came with a backing so it was very easy to punch.

      Delete
  3. How lovely! The candid photo, those cute flowers and the string of hearts! This is a wonderful layout and perfect for both challenges (honoured that you used my WM challenge too!) You look so much like your mum - how lovely that you have this special bond and that she is the woman you wished to honour! And yes, I'm also curious about the washi - did you mount it onto something else first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The washi had a backing paper on it so it was very easy to punch.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful layout! I love the mood board you picked--such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout with just enough detail. Your photo is priceless and I love how you used the flowers from that paper!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs