CKC June - The Leftovers

As I mentioned in my last post, I found this month's inspiration kit very inspiring and as a result, I didn't have a lot left in my counterfeit. 

I had very little paper remaining but since I liked what was left so much, I added everything (except for the tiny pieces) to my scrap box:
I've noticed that I haven't been using the enamel dots I've added to my kits and this month was no exception. Those two sheets will go back in my supplies and I'll make a mental note to try to find some layout inspiration for using them - maybe that will help me add them to my pages. I used a fair number of the word/phrase stickers and will put the leftover sheet back in my supplies as well. I used well over half of the gold puffy stickers and Heidi Swapp puffy stickers so I cut up the rest and will add them to my color boxes
I'd included two ephemera packs in my kit. The one from Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection still had about half of the pieces left, and since I also have some other parts of that collection (chipboard stickers, 6x6 paper pack and puffy stickers), I decided to keep the leftover pieces together so I could easily find them when I want to scrap with that collection. I keep the back of the packaging, cross off the items I've used and then add that and the ephemera pieces to a ziplock storage bag.
The other ephemera pack was one made by Pinkfresh Studios for a Clique Kits kit and I used about half of it. I know that I won't use a few of the items and I don't have a collection to match it so I'll sort what remains into my color boxes as well.

The washi will go back into the box I use to store my tapes. There's so much on a roll that I feel like I'll never be able to completely use one! I also have most of the alpha die-cuts left, so I'll keep those in a ziplock bag with the back of the package marked off.
 Here are the items I sorted to add to my color boxes:
As I add things to the color boxes, I'll also remove pieces that have been there for a while and put them in my donate box.

So that wraps up my June kit. Wait until you see what we've got in store for you for July - I'll be back on the first to share my new kit!

4 comments :

  1. It's interesting to see how you sort it all out at the end. I started keeping packaging to mark off items I used, but found I didn't keep up with it. So now I just use clear see through clamshell cases that I label with the collection. I probably need to go through a lot of my odds and end and sort them down by color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am intrigued (yet again) by the color sorting. I must find a system that gets things used up & this may be the way. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool way to end the kit :) I too like the idea of the color sorting and I like how you kept the bits together in a baggie will need to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and rather intimidating to see how you break up a kit in such an organised way! I just don't see myself taking the time to mark what I've used but I can SO see how useful that is! I really love how many puffy stickers you have in your stash - need to work on that. I used to sort by colour but found that I like to look for stuff by type and so I broke that up after a while. Enamels are my puffy stickers - I have way too many and love to just sprinkle!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs