Counterfeit Kit June Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my stop on the June Counterfeit Kit Reveal Blog Hop!

This month, we are using the May Hip Kits as our inspiration. I decided to work off just the main kit:
Hip Kit Main Kit May 2016
I really like this inspiration kit - it has such a beautiful combination of colors and designs! Before I looked through my supplies, I wrote my shopping list:
And this is my CKC kit for June, "My Happy Place":
I loved all the shades of pink with the bit of navy in the original kit and tried to mimic that in my selections. I started my own version with these papers:
From left to right: Teresa Collins Everyday Moments Collection/"Flying Bees", Pink Paislee Fancy Free Collection/#3, #7 and #2, Studio Calico Brighton Pier Collection/"Banana Stand", Bella Blvd. Just Add Color Collection/"Star Struck", Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy Collection/"Stay Wild", unknown but possibly a paper from Authentique, and Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine Collection/Mia.

Next, it was time to add embellishments:
 
I included a die-cut pack from Pinkfresh Studio for Clique Kits, the ephemera pack from the Fancy Free Collection, Heidi Swapp puffy stickers, a die-cut alpha set from Fancy Pants, enamel dots from Teresa Collins and gold puffy hearts from Freckled Fawn.

I completed my kit with some washi tape and word/phrase stickers and die-cuts:
I'm not certain of the sources for the silver star and yellow dot washi tape but the floral is from Bella Blvd.'s Illustrated Faith Collection and the teal/gold combination is a very recent purchase from Michael's. The pink word stickers are from Pinkfresh Studios for Citrus Twist kits and the two cut-aparts on either side are from Jen Schow's shop.

This kit is certainly my happy place and I'm looking forward to working with it this month!

Now it's time to pop over to Susanne's blog and see her take on this month's inspiration. Here's the list of the stops on the blog hop (you won't want to miss anything!):

Guest Designer: Salla at Crazy Quilt of Paper... http://pistojapiiri.blogspot.com/ 
 
I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!  

11 comments :

  1. Oooh - lovely kit, very true to the original, but definitely "YOU" - and stunning washi tapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the first photo here with the overview of your kit - very original and perfectly sweet. A gorgeous kit full of lovely product that is very true to your style. You always have the best embellishments and washi - I have stash envy! And that spotty foil paper is gorgeous too. Just lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, fresh with a subtlety about it that I really like! Nicely kitted, very nicely kitted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your take on the papers in "my" kit! You've really put together a fresh sunny summery sandbox to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your kit! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great kit--all your products coordinate so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty. The pastels compliment the darker papers and I think I spy a forgery or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your "JUNE" letters, I so need to forge those!
    Fabulous kit, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is a lovely kit you forged for the month :) I love those letters to such fun and I look forward to seeing what you create with the kit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kit! Looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kit and love your presentation! The first photo is so fun and a great preview of what is to come. Very representative of your gorgeous style, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs