CKC July Challenge #1

It's time for our first challenge of the month and this one was a lot of fun. We were to be inspired by beach reading and Susanne provided us with this link to the Popsugar website to get us started.

I browsed a couple of book covers before settling on this one:
This cover would be the perfect choice to help me make use of the Pebbles cardstock speech bubbles I included in my kit. And while I knew the challenge topic before I put together my kit, I hadn't actually looked at any of the book covers so this was a very happy coincidence for me!

Here is my page:
I stamped some icons on the cardstock pieces and color-blocked them by attaching them to patterned paper squares of the same color. I arranged the smaller squares into one larger one that mirrored the shape and size of my photo. I added my journaling under the pair and then doodled around the edges with a black pen. A playful title, some washi tape at the bottom and a clip holding a little label complete my page.
Are you ready to take on this challenge? There are plenty of choices at the Popsugar site or maybe you're already reading a book with a cover that would inspire your project. Don't forget to add a link to your project on our monthly page here.

3 comments :

  1. So Susan, with the speech bubbles & creative stamping! Love how you took the icons & colorscheme for your inspiration. I love those kit/challenge happy accidents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love the patterned paper backgrounds for your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the challenge and a happy coincidence for sure. A fun page and those speech bubbles are really perfect

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs