CKC July Layouts

Hello! How has July been treating you so far? We've recently had some hot and humid weather here in New England, so I've been happy to stay inside where it's air-conditioned to spend some quality time with my July CKC kit. I'll be sharing two pages today.

This first page got started when I had the idea to use a stamp on one of the Pinkfresh Studios ombre canvas tags I included in my kit. I loved how it looked so I built the rest of my page around it: 

Here is a close-up of the stamped tag:

The photo on the page was taken during a bike ride on our vacation but the journaling talks about how adventure presents itself in all shapes and sizes. I've become very fond of bicycles lately and I think they're going to appear on a few more layouts before the summer is over. 
I finally used a couple of the specialty papers in my kit. These circles were punched from some old "Clear Cuts" made by KI Memories. They actually aren't completely clear but appear more so on the white background. They are thicker than cardstock but have a bit of a plastic texture. I recently replaced a broken circle punch with one that is made to cut through heavier material and it worked perfectly on these papers. I was very happy to get them on a page - isn't it nice when you can find a use for older supplies?

My second page is bright and colorful, just like the bouquet of flowers in the photo:

I mixed and matched some of the more vibrant papers in my kit and included a few black & white patterns as well to keep things from looking a little too out of control.

Cutting flowers from my garden is a favorite summer ritual for me and I'm happy to have this recorded on a scrapbook page. 

The forecast is calling for hot and hazy days later this week, so I hope to spend a little more time with my kit. If you're playing along at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month, don't forget to link your projects here. We love to see what you're working on - thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

  1. Love that you stamped the canvas tag! Glad to see that you're still reliving your romantic getaway to the island :)
    A friend recently turned me on to the charms of zinnias for a summer full of cut flowers. Your page shows exactly why - how gorgeous! Another catch of a special part of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a gorgeous garden. Two more lovely layouts and the stamped tag is a lot of fun. Your supplies must be full of great bits and pieces as I always have stash envy when I look at your creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - I love your idea to punch those clear-cut sheets. Well scrapped!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs