Counterfeit Kit July Reveal and Blog Hop

Happy July 1st and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge July Reveal Blog HopThis month our inspiration is the Crop & Create Delivered Kit: Heat Wave (Summer 2015) from Scrapbook and Cards today.

I think of bright pinks, greens, yellows and blues as summer colors so the colors in this kit seemed a little less traditional to me. The clouds, pinwheels and sunglasses included in the paper designs and embellishments more than make up for it though. 

Here's a peek at my shopping list:
And here is a look at my kit, "Beach Party":
I always begin assembling my kits with the papers and I quickly found this one which became the basis for the rest of my kit:
7Gypsies "Delos" circa 2011
It had many of the colors on my list and the sun and a couple of the floral squares gave it a very summery feel. In addition, I thought it would be a great substitute for the bold floral paper in the inspiration kit. I added the remaining papers based on the colors in this one piece.

Here's a closer look at the papers:
From left to right, the papers are: Studio Calico/Classic Calico "Architectural", We R Memory Keepers/Notable "Listed", Bella Blvd./Color Chaos "Daily Details", Pebbles/Jen Hadfield Homemade "Planters", Fancy Pants/Rusted Sun "Beach Ball", We R Memory Keepers/Notable "Archive", AdornIt/Vintage Groove "Folk Flowers", Fancy Pants/Love Birds "Love Dots" and the 7Gypsies paper that started it all.

Since these aren't really "my colors", I decided that I would make a smaller than usual kit and I managed to hold my resolve for the paper selections. As you'll now see though, I seem to have forgotten about staying small when it came time for the other kit components.

It started innocently enough with the addition of three specialty papers (two KI Memories Sheer Delights and one Fancy Pants transparency), along with a few scraps of ribbon and a roll of navy doodled washi tape.
But then I got carried away with embellishments, adding die cut packs from Pink Paislee (Solstice and Pen Pals), chipboard (Pen Pals and October Afternoon), journaling cards (Elle's Studio and Little Yellow Bicycle) and other assorted odds and ends. Here is just a sampling of what I selected:
My final selections were stamps and at this point, any intentions to keep my options limited just went right out the window.
I'm happy with the look of the kit overall; I still think it's not quite my style as far as colors are concerned but I'm challenging myself to make at least five layouts with it.

And now it's time to see what everyone else has put together this month. Your next stop is Susanne's blog and I'm very interested to see her take on this kit since she chose the inspiration piece this month. 

Here's a complete list of all the stops in case you lose your place along the way:

Gretchen:  http://www.gretchenhenninger.com/
Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com/
Lesley:  http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.com
Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
Margie: http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.de
Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk

I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!    

11 comments :

  1. Some warm sunshine in your kit there to match Heatwave and all those stamps (I really need to use more stamps!)
    Those transparencies are beautiful and I look forward to seeing if you use them as a whole of cut up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have (or had) that 7 Gypsies paper, too! This looks like a Nantucket beach party! The red in your kit looks like the weathered, classic "Nantucket Reds" you always see there. Sigh...no ACK for us this summer, but this kit sure brings me back there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dip dyed tags, and the warm summery feel that your kit has! The transparencies are perfect for summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great stamps and papers there - lovely inspirational kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous kit, it has such a strong summer vibe that makes me happy at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 6x6" paper pack of that 7 Gypsies line - tossing it into my kit before I forget! Loved hearing your confession of sinking into the spiral of stash trolling madness ;) Happens to me every month! I'm seeing those transparencies as a magical layered banner...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The papers are fantastic and I love those canvas tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this kit, especially the tags and all the die cuts - hope you get inspired to use it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lovin' your ribbons and washi. Great kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute kit :) I went a little crazy with the stamps too :)The added lime green is a nice touch to the kit :) All those diecuts looks like a bunch of fun to use on some scrappy layouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great starting point to your kit. As I'm working backwards, you clearly warmed up to your kit and made some great layouts. it's a fun kit and smaller than usual maybe but it makes me happy to see resolve go out of the window! Fun fun fun

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs