Felicity Jane "Happy Day" Kit

It was definitely a very happy day when the July Felicity Jane kit arrived at my door. There was an especially lovely cornflower blue color on many of the papers and embellishments that doesn't seem to show up in the scrapbooking world and I was excited to make some pages with it.

As a kit subscriber, I receive a set of exclusive printables each month. They coordinate very nicely with the kit and arrive via email before my kit ships. I decided to challenge myself to make a page using just the printables. I had a photo of my favorite summer wildflower which was a perfect match to the cornflower blue in the printables so I featured it on this page:
I actually printed the printable three times to get enough copies of "lovely" for my title but I made good use of the remaining items on the sheets on a few other pages this month.

Another of the papers in the kit features doodled words and sketches, many of which are cupcakes. This was another nice match for a page because one of my daughters has a great fondness for cupcakes. 
I fussy-cut around the appropriate words and drawings and arranged them around three sides of my photo, popping some of them up on dimensional adhesive to break up the flat look.
I used the yellow and pink striped pattern paper as a background and really like the whimsical look of the finished page.

I made a few more pages with this cute kit - I'll be back soon to share them. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. What a contrast between those layouts - your creativity is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs