Felicity Jane "Next Stop" Layouts - Part 1

Last month, I posted a vacation travelers notebook that I put together using the bits & pieces I've had left over from various Felicity Jane kits. I also made several layouts using June's "Next Stop" kit and would like to share them here today. Although the kit does have many travel-related embellishments and stamps, it was versatile enough for these three pages that are not travel-themed at all. In fact, of the six pages I made with the kit, only one is about a vacation; the rest are everyday life pages.

I don't own an electronic die-cut machine (yet - I'm hoping to get one eventually!) but was able to get a similar look by cutting several (well, more than several) open leaf springs with my manual die-cut machine and layering them into a wreath. I used a liquid adhesive in just one or two spots on each sprig to give my page a more dimensional look.
 
To add a bit of color and to anchor my title and journaling, I added a fussy-cut floral under the photo strips. Two black and white hearts and a black pennant were all I needed to accessorize the page, which I then mounted on a small-patterned black and white print to frame my layout.

The second page lists the things that say "summer" to me. It has no photos but features many of the labels, tags, die-cuts and printable pieces in the kit:

My doodled rectangular boxes provide homes for my journaling strips and embellishments. That little die-cut camera was one of my favorite pieces in the kit:
Filling in each block was fun - I liked moving items around and mixing and matching until I found just the right combination for each box. I even used some of the exclusive washi tape to fill the background of one of the rectangles.
The third page has a clean and simple design:
Centering all the elements is one of my favorite techniques and it helps me put a page together in very little time. I combined a wood veneer speech bubble with one of the subscriber printables to serve as my title:
Then I just added some paper strips, a branding strip, stamps, washi tape and a flair. I kept my journaling quick and easy too.
I made three more layouts with this kit, so stay tuned - I'll be back soon to share them!

2 comments :

  1. That wreath is gor-geous! Perfectly delicate page for those beautiful blush roses... sigh...
    I think your signs of summer page could be my own, especially the scent of rain on the hot pavement! Such a delightfully Susan way to use up all of those leftover labels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wreath is truly gorgeous. I love it and your sense of design is so perfect. I love that list of summer page too and it reminds me of your LOAD style and how we were all in awe of your use of labels. Not much has changed there!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs