Felicity Jane "Next Stop" Layouts - Part 2

I'm back today with the second trio of pages from my Felicity Jane "Next Stop" kit.

This first page was inspired by a comment made by Jen Schow in this Youtube video.  She mentioned combining the stamp set phrases "from up here" and "from down here" with "the view" phrase, which got me thinking about a lovely view we found on our recent vacation. From that spark, I ended up with a grid of photos on my page, all accented with stamps from the kit:

I used the arrow stamp to guide the eye through our little adventure, telling the story with the stamps. The road trip flair was perfect for the page:
And you know how much I love the branding strips on the Felicity Jane papers so I found a home for a few of them on the bottom of the page.
I came up with the idea for my second page while on that same vacation. As we were enjoying a restful afternoon looking at the tropical-hued waters of the lake, I remembered a phrase my youngest daughter coined as a toddler, and it's now the title of this layout:
I was lucky to find a photo of her taken near the age she was when she used to "take a relax" and I like that her shirt echoes the floral of the background paper. I layered a piece of the vellum embossed packaging under my title:
 I thought the "rest stop" pennant was a cute and fitting addition to the page.
Sigh...I love pages that bring back sweet little memories.

My final page is about my favorite summer fruit, cherries. The page design is another grid but I've tilted the squares to give the page a whimsical feel.
I used some of the packaging again, layering a couple of polka dot squares under my journaling block.
I split my title into pairs of letters and placed them in the center of the grid. I've seen this title technique before, but I think this was the first time I've tried it on a page.
So, that does it for my Felicity Jane kit for June. The July kit will soon be here and I'm looking forward to creating with it. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. Oh, Susan! You always make me think, Is this the same kit that I received? You are a real master with the FJ stash imo. Getting a closer look as I had already seen these on FB :) Love how you rocked the stamp set on the first page, the sweet photo worthy of using up that gorgeous floral (and yes - the rest stop tag was perfect for this!), and I'm thinking some tiny cherries from the July stamp set fussy-cut for the 3rd page might be awesome! The bing cherries were my Dad's fave so now I am inspired to scrap that memory - thx <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a master scrapper. I love every page you make and you make me so want to have the same supplies as you have to work with. Your title of split letters wouldn't work for my British spelling but I love it so much! When I work through several of your layouts such as on this page, I just find myself loving each one more than the last. Simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs