Counterfeit Kit August Reveal and Blog Hop

Hello everyone - it's that time again - the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog August Reveal and Blog Hop! Our inspiration kit this month was selected by Lisa and it's a kit from Germany, which is where Lisa lives: The Papier Werkstatt March 2015 kit. Here are a couple of peeks:


Link
This kit, with all the neutrals and krafts, is quite a departure from the colorful kits I've been working with lately. I wrote a quick list and then was ready to start putting together my kit.
I was sure that I had plenty of kraft papers in my supplies but was very surprised to discover that the opposite was true. I didn't have all that many and the ones I did have varied so much in color that I didn't want to use them together. This was going to be more difficult than I thought. I managed to find a few neutral pieces and then somehow, the color just crept into my kit. I was definitely influenced by this embellishment pack included in the inspiration kit:
Pebbles Spring Fling Ephemera Die-cuts
And here is my kit, which I named "Meander" in keeping with the way I wandered away from the neutrals in the inspiration kit:

Let's take a closer look at the papers first.
I began my kit with an embossed polka dot paper (Pebbles/New Arrival/Perfect) that I thought would make a nice background for a page. Continuing from left to right, I included a woodgrain chevron (Crate Paper/Hello Love/Sweetly), the floral that was in the inspiration kit (Maggie Holmes/Bloom/Lizzy), a black & white watercolor stripe (Webster's Pages/Adrienne Looman/Beautiful Chic/Aged to Perfection), a sketched doors print (We R Memory Keepers/Love Notes/French Doors), an ombre pink polka dot (We R Memory Keepers/Love Notes/Dear Diary), a solid mint (We R Memory Keepers/Love Notes/Secret Crush), a black & white tiny polka dot (Crate Paper/Hello Love/True Love), a kraft with dotted white stripes (Crate Paper/Confetti/Lovely), and a house print (Crate Paper/Wonder/Cheerful). And I will confess at this point that I really have no idea what I'll do with the door or house prints but I like how they look with the other papers so I'll try and figure out a use for them.

I decided to supplement the kit with a few pieces of cardstock and some specialty papers:
a
I chose cardstock in some of the more neutral colors from the patterned papers, along with a vellum paper with gold foil hearts (Crate Paper/Hello Love) and a cut-apart sheet (Crate Paper/Wonder/Brave). 

Now, on to the embellishments:
I've got a few sticker sheets, a set of puffy stickers (my favorite type of embellishment lately) and a sheet of black text rub-ons. 

I then selected some stamps and a die-cut ephemera pack:
I rounded out my kit with two chipboard sheets:
So although my kit doesn't bear a great resemblance to the inspiration, I think it's definitely reflective of my style. It has many of my favorite colors and patterns and I'm excited about digging right in.

Now it's time for the next stop on the blog hop. Please meander over to Susanne's blog and see what she has put together for the month. Here is the complete list of all the stops in case you lost your place along the way:
 

I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!   

13 comments :

  1. Stamps - I need to use more stamps!
    I love how you've added in so much more to keep you busy throughout this month and all in keeping with that title too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty kit! We thought along similar lines, it looks like. Love the addition of mint to your kit, and those puffy stickers and stamps have me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how rich your kit is with embellishments - scrap on, and on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your meandering! I love where you have gone with the houses and touches of mint colours.Enjoy using your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meandering has paid off for sure. What a lovely kit. Yes, I can definitely see the original in the colours you've selected but i can also see the Susan stamp on it too. You will be making gorgeous pages with it no doubt - especially with all those lovely embellishments :-) I can't wait to see what you do with the door and house papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kit! so manhy wonderful colors brought in from that house paper and the stamps so cool to see so many, I look forward to seeing what you do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely meander through your stash that produced this beautiful but slightly edgy (and robust!) kit. I wondered if the mini-book would make the cut for everyone. A good bit of whimsy grounded with graphic black & white should provide some stunners this month! As always, your sense of style & design married some beautiful elements together again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your stamps! Can I confess that I actually chose my stamps BEFORE I even saw the reveal. Yep, Friday, I put away the stamps from JUly's kit and pulled some that I wanted to use this month. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a beautiful kit that is true to your style! I love that you added stamps to your kit too, can't wait to see how you include them in your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great kit--even though you didn't find much kraft in your stash you still pulled together an inspirational kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I really love the way you've displayed it all too..lots of photos to see everything. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. While it may not be a sibling to the inspiration, I do think it looks like a first cousin! I can definitely see the connections with the neutrals and pastels. Glad you took it in a direction that felt more comfortable to you. I know you will do great things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did a great job catching the spirit of the inspiration kit, and I find that your color palette is very similar! It's a beautiful kit, I love the houses/doors papers together, I am impatient to see how you'll use them...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs