Felicity Jane "Happy Day" Layouts


I'm not quite sure how it can be close to the end of August already - the past month has been a little busy around here. I've still had some time to scrapbook but I've gotten behind on sharing my layouts. I have the second group of pages from my July Felicity Jane kit to share with you today.

We received a small container of vellum scalloped circles in the July kit and I decided to sew a number of them onto this first layout:
I used French knots to adhere them through the center, then added some paper layers behind my photo, along with a few sequins here and there. 

I finished the page with a stamped quote, using this large letter stamp from Pebbles:

I haven't used this stamp very often and I was sure that I would make a mistake if I stamped the quote directly on the layout, so I stamped it on white cardstock first, then cut out each word and placed it on the layout.

This next page began with a leftover piece of cardstock that I'd used with my manual die-cutter.

I layered it over one of the patterned papers and then added some of the hearts and flowers from the kit's sticker sheet.
I kept the top half of the page more simple, using just the solid colors of cardstock from the kit. I slipped my journaling behind the cardstock toward the top of the page - the striped ombre heart acts as a tab to pull out the journaling card. I used the kit's puffy stickers for the title and added two little puffy hearts at the top of the page.
My last layout was in response to a challenge on the Felicity Jane Facebook group for subscribers to use the tags included in the kit.
I tucked a trio of tags next to my photo to help that section of the layout take up a bit more real estate on the page.
In the bottom left corner, I added a white cardstock label holder and sequins.
I also have a few more layouts from my CKC August kit. I'll be back to share them soon - hopefully before it's time to reveal the September kit!

2 comments :

  1. These are all fabulous - that porch sitting one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply love what you've done with some of the unique items in this kit, and with such innovation & inspiring style! The tiny vellum doily/bloom shapes look awesome with their transparency highlighted by layering them. Always a treat to see one of your beautiful nature photos :) Super-special photo with your daughter & the diecut overlay is genius! So I don't need a Silhouette after all? (teehee) The sequin spill on #3 out of that label holder adds a lovely sparkle to the page. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs