CKC August Layouts


I thought I was finished with my August CKC kit and was about to put away the leftovers when I was inspired to make two more layouts. I was actually holding a sheet of black & white striped paper from Webster's Pages and happened to flip it over - it had a lovely circular woodgrain pattern on the reverse. I've seen a few layouts recently with embellishments placed in a circle and as I sifted through my kit leftovers, I spied some gold puffy thicker stars and arrows.  Armed with those supplies, I started scrapping and ended up with this:


I punched a few stars from the gold heart vellum in my kit and lightly adhered them with a dot of liquid adhesive before stitching through them with gold metallic thread. (I recently found a more accessible home for my sewing machine so I'm sure I'll be stitching on many of my pages from now on.) I filled in the swirl of embellishments with the gold puffy stickers and some gold triangle stickers, and then added my title to the space in the center.


I placed a chipboard frame on my photo to highlight the part with my two daughters in it, and then layered a couple tags over the right part of the photo to camouflage the pick-up truck in that spot. I added a few more embellishments and my journaling to complete the page.

The final page was inspired by a prompt on the Whimsical Musings blog: be inspired by where you come from.  I had a really cute little chipboard house left in my kit and built my page around that.

  
I really liked the embossed kraft and white polka dot paper that I included in my kit but it was a little too much to use as a full background sheet - the pattern actually made my eyes hurt! I cut a vertical strip of it and added a tag, a floral sticker and a piece of a branding strip to finish that side of the page.


I wrote my journaling and cut it into strips that I then attached to the page. I was afraid I'd make a mistake if I wrote it directly onto the cardstock.  I added a little cluster of embellishments in the bottom right corner to balance the page.

And now I'm definitely done with my August CKC kit - on to September!

3 comments :

  1. #1 is amazing with the swirly spangled circle of hearts, stars & arrows - swoon! I love that it was serendipity - B-side of the paper & recent scrappy inspiration. You will really be happy to have your sewing machine at hand :)
    #2 - perfection <3 (as I said elsewhere)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that top one on IG I loved it. And,yep, I still do. The stitching on that paper is a perfect combination

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to track down some gold thread that I can use in the machine - I have several reels but one is far too fine and the other is a bit bumpy. I'll have to have a look. You know that I love the second one but that first is super too! You are on such a creative roll at the moment - love everything you do at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs