CKC September Challenge #1

 
Oh happy day indeed - it's time for the first challenge of the month! Our task for this challenge is to use a Shimelle sketch for a layout.

Here's the sketch I selected:
Shimelle's Sketch
And here's my interpretation:


I stayed pretty true to the sketch, with just a couple of changes. Since my horizontal strip of heart paper was a little busy, I decided to move the title from that sketch location to a spot just over my photo - the letters show up much better against the plainer pink paper. I only used one photo in place of the four shown in the right column, and filled the three remaining spaces with four thinner rectangles of patterned paper. My journaling and embellishment placement closely followed the sketch though.

 
Sketches are a great way to jump-start inspiration and I turn to them when I have photos and a story but aren't sure where to go from there.  So now it's your turn - pick a sketch (Shimelle has a great selection here), use your September CKC kit to make a page and then link it here so we can all take a look. Happy scrapbooking!

4 comments :

  1. Love your doodling, stitching, subtitle, the speech bubble over the pie (cute), and the change-up of paper for multiple photos. That didn't even register at first glance! Also like that the angle on your forged letters reminds me of a slice of pie! (You meant to do that, right? hehe) PLUS there is an All-American feel to the color scheme that is appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pleasing take on the sketch and there's those gorgeous buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm definitely saving this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea to replace some of the photos with gorgeous paper! This is a great example of how any sketch can be interpreted and the resulting layout can still be true to your style!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs