CKC September Layouts


I've been busily working with my September CKC kit "Happy Girl" and have a trio of layouts to share today.

This first page is based on a sketch from Ready, Sketch, Go Volume 2 - it was perfect for the background paper with the divided design. I supplemented my kit with a state stamp from Close to My Heart and a leaf punch, as well as the alpha stickers for the title.


I try to make a layout every few months which gives me a snapshot of current activities, likes, dislikes, favorites, etc. and here is my most recent version:


The pale yellow graph paper made a nice home for my notes which I accented with a variety of embellishments. I added some paper strips and tabs to the left edge of the page to make a home for my title.



For my third layout, I recycled one of my tried & true designs: using paper strips as a border around the edges of the page. In this case, I used washi strips instead of patterned paper.


I stitched over the washi strips and then, since there were so many items on the layout (stamps, photos, veneer stars, epoxy circles), I stitched a smaller interior box to contain all those pieces.



So how about you? Did you make a counterfeit kit this month? If you did, don't forget to link it and your projects on our blog here.

4 comments :

  1. What cool layouts! I adore the color scheme in the first: my den has grey carpet and teal walls. I love your fun design idea in the second -- am ***totally*** going to "scraplift" this and if I do, will give credit where credit is due! Just pinned your scrap border idea in the third layout. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome layouts!! I love your idea of doing a page focusing on your current likes, dislikes, etc. I need to remember to tell the stories in my life a little better. I think my favorite page is the first one. I just love the colors and the way you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 layouts are adorable. I love the white doiley in the first, the set out of the 2nd and the 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore that floral washi on p.1 How blessed is she? Location, location, location, lol :)
    I'm calling your story-telling technique on p.2 "verb-iage"!
    And p.3 has me wondering what's new in my old neighborhood as we prepare to move... sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs