CKC September Layouts

Earlier this month I posted the items I forged for this month's kit. I made my own version of the branding strips and the vellum scallop pieces included in the Felicity Jane kit that served as our inspiration this month. Today I'd like to share how I used those items on two scrapbook pages.

First up - the branding strips. I like using paper strips as a page design, though I generally place them vertically on the page. For this layout, I used them horizontally:



I alternated my homemade branding strips with some strips of patterned paper. I stamped the title on a tag and placed it at the top, and then made a little pennant for my journaling to include at the bottom. I used circular embellishments to balance all the lines on the page.  


This was very quick and easy to put together and I think I'll be stamping on paper strips again.

Now for the scallop shapes. I used them in another of my "go-to" techniques: the center design.  This layout is also a mix of circles and lines:


I used my sewing machine to stitch the tissue paper scallops and vellum border piece (under the photo) in place on the page. I filled in the extra spaces with washi strips, a wood button, a flair and an epoxy circle. I stitched a border around the photo with gold metallic thread and added a die-cut banner and chipboard heart.


I really like the light and airy look of this page - I didn't want to cover up too much of the pretty constellation background paper. I'm also happy that I managed to use my forgeries too. They didn't really take that long to make but it's nice to have those homemade items on some layouts.

And that brings me to the end of my CKC kit for September.  October will soon be here and I'm excited because it was my turn to choose our inspiration for the month. So stay tuned for the big reveal on the first!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs