Counterfeit Kit September Reveal and Blog Hop

Happy September everyone and welcome to my stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and blog hop! 

We are taking the Felicity Jane August kit, "Maggie" as our inspiration:

This was an exciting choice for me because I subscribe to Felicity Jane and so I could have the actual inspiration right in front of me as I put together my version. And as I looked through the Maggie kit, I realized that I had several papers that were great matches to the pieces in the kit. Now I was even more excited!

But as I pulled those papers, I realized that my version was going to be too close to the inspiration, and while normally that would be a very good thing, I didn't really want to have two very similar kits to scrap with this month. So I decided to take a different approach: I kept the paper designs similar, deepened the pink shades, changed the light blue to navy, and swapped out the melon for yellow. I also knew that I would include as least one black & white patterned paper, since that is one of the signatures of the Felicity Jane kits.
Here is my September CKC kit, "Happy Girl":


I selected my name based on Jeana Goodwin's explanation of how she chose "Felicity Jane" as the name for her kit club - you can read about it here.

I started my version with this paper, "The City" from Dear Lizzy's Saturday Collection:

It's heart pattern was similar to the one in the Felicity Jane kit and it gave me a nice color scheme to use as I chose the rest of my papers. Here they are in detail:

From left to right: Echo Park Playground Collection/Rubber Ball-Splash, My Mind's Eye Sunkissed Collection/Sweet (from 2009!),  Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Collection/Pretty Poppies, Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Collection/Playtime Plaza, Crate Paper Open Book Collection/Memoir, Fancy Pants About a Girl Collection/Kenley, my inspiration paper, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Collection/name unknown, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Collection/Stargazers, Jen Hadfield Home+Made Collection for Pebbles, Cottage Living Collection/Sunrise, Sunset, Maggie Holmes Bloom Collection/Peony, and Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party Collection/name unknown. 

For embellishments, I added doilies and flair (as in the inspiration), swapped the Maggie kit wood veneer words for wood veneer stars, replaced the vellum strips in the Maggie kit with washi strips, switched the sticker sheet for a few die cuts and traded in the puffy stickers and confetti for buttons and epoxy pieces. 


I usually don't include an alpha in my CKC kits (I like to wait until my page is almost complete before selecting something from my supplies) but I had just purchased a set of alphas from Fancy Pants that was a great substitute for the exclusive Felicity Jane alpha so I broke my rule and added it. And in place of the stamp set in the Maggie kit, I added two Story Stamps from Ali Edwards (Little Things and Spark). I wanted stamps that were generic enough to complement any photos or topic and those two sets fit the bill.

Now it's time for the next stop on the blog hop. Please head over to Susanne's blog and see what she has put together for the month. Here is the complete list of all the stops in case you lost your place along the way:
 

Guest DT Nicole: http://nmackin.blogspot.com/
Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
Margie: http://scrappinmargie.blogspot.com
Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com (you're here!)
Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk  
Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
Lesley:  http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.com


I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!   

12 comments :

  1. This is so perfect-I love the twist-and that heart paper is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours together. I especially love those buttons and patterned enamel dots.Haven't spotted those before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the original and didn't just CHEAT? ;) Hee hee...at Ms Leslie. Your kit rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! Just gorgeous. The papers are pretty and I like the way you went deeper for your kit so it's the same but different to the original. And I'm super jealous that you still have that sheet of Dear Lizzy Stargazer - I think I need to track down a sheet or ten of that for my hoard - I mean stash! Pretty embellishments and a really inspirational selection of products. Your kit makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to ring the changes - a super counterfeit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I really like how you decided to deviate from the original kit and ended up with something so fabulous! Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a wide horizontal stripe paper is a must for a FJ kit and the inclusion of the pink and white paper fits the bill. What a pretty kit filled with so many goodies. I know you will create some gorgeous pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty kit! Definitely inspired by the original but unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - you had me at the doilies!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your inspiration piece. Those doilies are yummy.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect forgery strategy! Your jumping off point was spot-on & I think your kit is very "you" while also a great counterfeit. Those alphas are to die for... gor-juss! And I adore your reveal photo & title - so clever to hearken back to Jeana :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute kit and love the direction you went with it to by changing it up :) The navy is a nice change. Love what you did with the letters, hmmm maybe digging out some grunge letters and doing something with those on this line.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs