Forgeries on the Fourth


The fourth of the month means that it's time to share how I "forged" a couple of items I included in my September Counterfeit Kit. Actually, I made these items after I put my kit together so you'll be seeing them for the first time here. I selected two embellishments from the Felicity Jane Maggie kit that is our inspiration this month: the vellum shapes and the branding strips. Let's start with the vellum shapes...


I began with a few border punches from my supplies, a piece of vellum with white polka dots, and some polka dot tissue paper (I think this was packaging from a recent Felicity Jane kit). 

I also grabbed a piece of white computer paper - the thin vellum and tissue papers don't seem to punch cleanly so I sandwiched them between the computer paper. 


Then I just punched through the layers.


All in all, this was a pretty easy forgery.


Now for the "branding strips". These have been one of my favorite parts of the Felicity Jane kits and one of the first things I do when I get my kits is to cut off the branding strips - I don't want to ruin them by cutting through them by accident (again)!  I ruined one or two of them before realizing I should just cut them off as soon as I get them.

This was another easy forgery. I used a piece of 12x12 white cardstock, ink, an acrylic block and the stamps I included in my kit. Since most of those stamps were a bit thick for a branding strip, I also used some of the stamps that were in the Maggie kit.


Then I just stamped across the cardstock and used my trimmer to cut off the bottom when I was done.


I eventually realized that the strip looked better if I started stamping in the center  and worked my way out on either side. Here's a look at my finished strips:
Both of these forgeries were quick and easy and I was very happy with the results. I hope you'll give them a try - leave me a comment if you do. Don't forget to check out the other forgeries on the blog this month too. You can read all about them here.
 

6 comments :

  1. You are so clever! I love that you copied the branding strips! I would never have thought of that and yet, I also use them most of the time when they are designed. American Crafts has that and I love the little addition to a page they can give. Thanks for the tip about the paper around the vellum or tissue. I ruined one of my fave punches with tissue and ended up having to buy a new one. I'll remember that next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love both of these forgeries! I want to raid my stamps now to see if I can find something good for a strip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love both of these forgeries! I want to raid my stamps now to see if I can find something good for a strip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the branding strips! I have lots of little stamps that would be perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Did you change your blog?)
    Always delighted with easy but SHARP forgeries! FAB & a great tip with the punches

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the idea of making my own branding strips! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs