CKC October Challenge #1


It's time for the first challenge of the month and, in the spirit of pumpkin-carving, I'll be fussy-cutting on my page. It's the "Snip! Snip!" challenge: use your scissors to trim one or more designs or images from patterned paper and then use the cut image(s) on a project.

So, when I was assembling my kit, I found this piece of Bella Blvd. paper:


I really wasn't sure that I wanted to include it in my kit and was on the verge of putting it back when I remembered this challenge. Since my other paper choices weren't good candidates for fussy-cutting, I decided that I should add this one to my kit after all.

When it came time to work on my page, I just started cutting without any real plan for those leaves. After I'd cut a number of them, I selected a light blue tone-on-tone background paper from my kit and started moving the leaves around on it until I ended up with a circle. Here's the completed layout:


After I'd adhered the leaves in place, I realized that my wreath was slightly off-center so I wrote my journaling on the left side to balance the page. The acrylic "autumn", paired with a gold glitter-edged chipboard piece, made a nice title. I tucked a few vellum phrases in among the leaves and then added two gold chipboard hearts so I'd have a few more gold touches on the page.


So now it's time for you to sharpen your scissors and take up this challenge! Don't forget to add your project to our link here so that we can all take a look. Happy scrapping!

6 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! I especially enjoyed hearing the process of adding the bits & bobs as you worked on your page. Another stunning photo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the leaves against the pretty blue background paper. It really highlights the wreath. The autumn acrylic word is perfect as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout.
    Such wonderful fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout.
    Such wonderful fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty wreath--perfect for your photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wreath and another gorgeous fussy cut layout. It all looks so perfectly designed - just wonderful and you always know the perfect embellishments to finish off your page. This is just lovely

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs