CKC October Layouts


The second challenge for October is up on the CKC blog today and since I'm responsible for the inspiration and challenges this month, I thought I would play along.

Challenge #2 is all about color balance on the page and a helpful guide to achieving that balance is the gallon-quart-pint method: use a lot of one color, a lesser amount of another and just a small amount of a third color. Here is the page I made for this challenge:


I used blue (gallon), yellow (quart) and orange (pint) to get a balance of color on this page about a special family dessert.

I have another layout to share today too. I challenged myself to make a page background and I was inspired by all the triangle-blocked papers I've been seeing lately. 


I used a page torn from an old Making Memories spiral notepad to hold my journaling and layered several Pink Paislee rub-ons to fill in the empty space after I finished writing.  The Crate Paper chipboard "memories" anchors it to the page.


The chipboard piece is a little worn but I think it works well with the theme of the page. 

Our third challenge will be posted on the CKC blog on the 16th, and I'll have another page or two to share here then. Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs