Counterfeit Kit October Reveal and Blog Hop


Happy October! It's time for new inspiration on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and, while I'm usually excited for reveal day, this month is a little extra special because I chose our inspiration for the month. I hope you feel inspired by my choice! It's the "Indigo Hills" collection from Pinkfresh Studio. As soon as I saw this release, I was really drawn to the different look of the collection - it's got a beautiful color combination and some unusual designs with a few traditional looks mixed in. Here's a little peek:


You can see the complete collection on the Pinkfresh Studio blog here.

I took a good look at the collection and then wrote my shopping list:




My kit isn't quite as airy as Indigo Hills but I think I managed to include most of the colors in my paper choices.  Here is my October CKC kit, "Loveliest Smile":

  
(I named my kit after a favorite autumn quote: "Autumn...the year's last loveliest smile." - William Cullen Bryant)

Let's take a look at my paper choices first:


From left to right: Echo Park For the Record Collection/the "b" side of Journaling Cards, Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg Collection/Acorn, American Crafts Autumn Crisp Collection/Elm, Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride Collection/Pit Stop, Authentique (this was from a paper pad and I don't have info on the name), Bo Bunny Kitchen Spice Collection/Rosemary, Gossamer Blue Gramercy Road by One Little Bird/The 3rd Ward, My Mind's Eye So Sophie Collection/Possibilities, Bella Blvd. Family Tree Collection/Leaves of Ancestry, and SEI Madera Island Collection/Ramos.  The American Crafts paper was my first choice and I built the rest of my papers around it. I was a bit undecided about the bolder Bella Blvd. paper but chose to include it anyway since I really needed a larger print paper to match some of the papers from Indigo Hills.

I then added a sheet of Thickers from Maggie Holmes' Gather Collection, along with some very old labels from Autumn Leaves (remember them?), a set of rub-ons from an older Pink Paislee collection, and a stamp set from Elles Studio:


I finished with a selection of smaller embellishments, including the ephemera pack from Crate Paper's Open Book Collection, the Gramercy Road ephemera pack and some odds and ends from Freckled Fawn:


The white acrylic script "autumn" is a very recent purchase from Elles Studio.

So that's my take on the inspiration this month. Now it's time for the next stop on the blog hop. Please head over to Susanne's blog and see what she has put together for the month. Here is the complete list of all the stops in case you lost your place along the way:
 

I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to our Guest Designer this month, Kelly Barron. I've admired her layouts and lovely style for quite some time and was thrilled that she agreed to join us this month!

I hope you'll put a kit together and join us this month. Please post a link to your kit and your projects on the CKC blog here -  we'd love to see it!   



9 comments :

  1. Indigo Hills is a real favourite of mine (although I haven't actually seen it in person yet!) and I've been having a great time this morning checking out the clever counterfeits. What a great choice for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The papers definitely echo the organic feel of the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice and I love your kit Susan :)
    Those embellishments are especially lovely - I would love to get my hands on some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable kit and fantastic inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in your kit and the embellishments you picked go so well together. Beautiful kit

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous! Love that embellishment kit too and can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kit is beautiful and a lovely departure in color from the inspiration original, while maintaining its integrity with your embellishments. Well kitted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late to the commenting but I did drop by earlier in October and admire your collection of beautiful items for the kit. I recognise at least two of your papers and lots of your embellies too! The Manhattan collection by Autumn Leaves formed the base of one of my kits earlier this year I think - I loved it so much! Thanks for picking such a great collection for us to counterfeit - a fabulous month even if I'm late to the party!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs