Layouts Lately


I've been subscribing to Ali Edwards' Story Kits and Story Stamps since December and I realized that it's been a while since I shared any of the layouts I've made with them.  So let's catch up on some of my favorites over the past few months.

This first layout is about the Christmas ornaments I've made for my daughters. Last Christmas, I took a photo of all the ornaments before I put them away and Ali's "craft" kits reminded me that I still hadn't told that story.


A couple of the stamps I used were actually from the "heart" stamp set but they worked quite nicely with my story. I kept the page very simple to emphasize the ornaments and my journaling.


I think the "heart" story kit and story stamps were my favorite so far - the theme of love and the heart symbol are universal and can be used for so many stories and memories.  These next two pages were among the several I made from that set.


The CT and RI state stamps actually come from Close to My Heart. These two stamps have special meaning for me and the large acrylic "heart" from Ali's kit was the perfect piece to connect them. 


The second "heart" page records a sweet memory of a very special Mother's Day gift.


I've had that yarn and bead necklace in my jewelry box for over 18 years - I can't believe it's taken me that long to get it in my scrapbook!


The final page I'm sharing today holds a photo from long ago, combined with journaling from my perspective today. I used the "read" story kit and stamp (another theme that I love).


I like using the large acrylic words as my title (one less decision to make)And one of the "heart" story stamps makes an appearance on this page too - I told you they were my favorite!


I really enjoy my kit subscription - their contents spark stories that I don't think I would have come up with on my own, yet are still ones that are important to me.   

Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be back soon with a few more Ali-inspired pages!


3 comments :

  1. Honestly, this post is like a master's class in scrapping 8.5 x 11 layouts. The clean look mixed with a certain coziness really works on all these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just stopping in to say that I'm so glad I found your blog! I love your instagram feed and followed you here to your blog. Such fantastic inspiration and I love your style. It's also nice to find someone with grown children (like me) who is still memory keeping in such meaningful ways. The baby and children days are adorable to scrap, but those days are gone for me. I still want to be involved in this hobby and love that our days are stilled filled with things that are worth remembering and keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second what Susanne says!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs