An Autumn Travelers Notebook


 

This summer I made a Little Summer Joy travelers notebook, and I loved it so much that I decided I should make one for my favorite season, autumn.  

My plan was to combine photos, quotes and thoughts about the season - it was as simple as that.  I gathered some supplies into a mini kit to keep nearby so I could work on the project as I had time.


I purchased a few things at Target (I have zero control when it comes to their Dollar Spot): two 6x6 paper pads, black & white washi, some coordinating tags and orange and gold alpha sets.  The rest of the items were from my supplies: some tags, chipboard pieces, stickers and die-cuts from Crate Paper, Elles Studio and Basic Grey, gold glitter star and heart stickers from Studio Calico, some leaves from Michael's and an alphabet stamp set that I've recently become obsessed with from Feed Your Craft.  The travelers notebook is from the ILoveItAll shop on EtsyAnd no kit would be complete without a little chocolate and these caramel chocolate squares were so nicely dressed for the season that I couldn't resist them.

The photos I used were all ones I posted to Instagram (on a personal account that is not scrapbook-related) and I had them printed by Origrami.  They're a husband and wife team based in Sydney, Australia.  They are more expensive than any of my usual printers but shipping is free and I've ordered sets from them on two occasions as a little treat - the prints are on a thick, almost cardstock-like backing and they have a somewhat retro finish that I like.

And now, for the pages...

A few were based on prompts from #HashtagThisWeek.  This one was for "savor":


 Other pages were based on memories of autumn past:


  Some gave glimpses of seasonal activities:







A few showcased photos I especially like:




And many of them combined photos with favorite autumn quotes:




I'm thrilled with the results - the book is almost overflowing with my love for the season.  I like the change of working in the smaller size too.  I now have a trio of these notebooks: one from our Mackinac Island vacation, along with my summer and autumn notebooks.  And something tells me I'll be adding more to that little grouping soon.


4 comments :

  1. It's absolutely beautiful. Your photographs are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to autumn and your style is just lovely! Another inspiring project that makes me want to drop everything and go create something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your little notebook! It was indeed an inspiration for my own. Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed browsing all the pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favourite photo must be that rainbow of leaves - wow! What a delightful little book and yet again, you just never fail to inspire me. I feel like I need to get making immediately!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Theme by Pish and Posh Designs